Painting/powder coating a frame

jonnugget69

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, I'm looking to paint/powder coat a steel Kona Expolsif frame. What are the options / pitfalls to be aware of? Any reason why I shouldn't just use a local powdercoaters? Anybody know a good one near Chesterfield/Sheffield?

Thanks.

I've used P&J in Glasgow who were excellent. For a frame and fork I think I paid £65 or so. It varies between about £40-70 I think, though I've heard it being done cheaper.

powder coating

Ive just had my marin powder coated. they did a brilliant job. not quite the colour i wanted but at least there is no more unsightly rust spots. mine cost £45 all in. company was colourcote in norwich . once i get my new decals off gil ill take some pics and put on here. hope this helps
Greg

Thanks, that's useful all.

Keep the recommendations coming.

Who is this Gill of which you speak that does decals??
Any one got any experience of the Kona decals on eBay?

Gil's decals are of a far higher quality to most on ebay imo and well worth the price.

I and a few others on here have used Triple-S in Bingley, West Yorks for powder coating. They did an excellent job for me and I know others have also been happy with the results. Price depends on colour but should be around £60 which includes stripping and refinishing the frame. Not too far from Sheffield ;)

+1 for Triple S in Bingley

Did a fantastic job on my Kona. they mask all the bits that need masking and the finish is fantastic.

Back