Pace RC200

sidge

Retro Newbie
I am in the process of doing up a Pace RC200, I want to fit rigid forks and bought a set of RC31's. I've just found out its a 1" steerer tube, any advice on what I can fit, is there such an an animal as a pace carbon rigid with a 1" steerer.

RC31's are/were available in 1" flavour. If your not too fussed over carbon, keep an eye open for the RC30's in eiter steel or alu.

RC200

Thanks for the advice, can I just swap for that little blak and gold number..........beautiful !!!

Hehe cheers, I'm afraid I am keeping it though :)

When your ready do a search for the Official retrobike Pace serial number thread and get yours listed.

Also checking out the Yorkshire Big dirty weekender in the events section of the site, we are looking to get as many square tubers together an one place as possible.

Regards

Rob

RC31s are great forks and pop up now and then in 1". Try a thread in the Wanted section. If it's a large frame you may have a harder search to find a set that hasn't had the steerer cut down, but they are out there.

RC30s have a replaceable steerer tube so if you find a set in 1 1/8 flavour all is not lost. You then just need a steerer tube and the spacer.

justbackdated on here may be able to help with the RC30s or the steerer.

I know this because I have RC31s in 1", and two sets of RC30s in 1" - all fitted to bikes, though, sorry!

I thought that to change from 1 1/8" to 1" you have to change the crown and the steerer,you can use the same legs :?

You can also use a reducing headset

Reducing headsets only work if you want to fit a 1" fork to a larger frame...this isnt the issue here.

Kestonian is correct.
Pace RC30 RC35's and Many of the RC36 range have removable steerers. If you buy a 1 /18th" you can remove the steerer and fit a 1" one using a shim, no need to change the crown.

If you have a 1" fork, and want to go upto 1 1/8th then yes you need to change the crown.

Back