Pace/Hope fork mount question.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Well a couple of things really
1. There appears to be 2 No1 caliper lowers(pic bottom left) Does anyone know the difference ? In the pic it looks like and probably is a reverse view, the 2nd i have is different in thickness. Possibly places the caliper closer to the leg
2. What is the 2nd tapped hole for ? The top one is to attach to the No1 but ive yet to see an example of the lower one being used. Any ideas ?

Tnx for pic :cool:

The thinner adapter is probably for the RC30T as the drop outs are inset & not central like on the RC30 & RC36 etc.
No idea on the 2nd threaded hole yet.

Maybe the bottom left one is not a pace one since the symbol is on the other side? But meant for something with a different dropout? Only other option I can think of was if there was a hope hub with a different short axel made at some point?

secret_squirrel":34lz6cng said:
ishaw":34lz6cng said:
The bottom tapped hole is a mud guard eyelet.....

.... I'll get my coat.
Given that they may have been aiming at the tandem market too that's not completely insane.

Actually i did think that was a fair suggestion myself :LOL:

just jacques":34lz6cng said:
The thinner adapter is probably for the RC30T as the drop outs are inset & not central like on the RC30 & RC36 etc.
No idea on the 2nd threaded hole yet.

That sounds probable .Do you have any diagrams or pics of the set up as im not Pace savvy (went the bomber route ;) )

Here is the 2 adaptors i have -

Attachments

• Hope No1 fork Adaptors 001 (Custom).JPG
    Hope No1 fork Adaptors 001 (Custom).JPG
    99 KB · Views: 915
  • Hope No1 fork Adaptors 018 (Custom).JPG
    Hope No1 fork Adaptors 018 (Custom).JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 915
  • Hope No1 fork Adaptors 020 (Custom).JPG
    Hope No1 fork Adaptors 020 (Custom).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 915
Theres also a difference in the interface between the two. The Pace or P marked adaptor fits the No1 caliper perfectly whereas the non stamped there is about 1.5mm all round.
Ill do a pic but ive no idea as to the reason as all the No1's ive come across were the same size. The mounting hole is in the same spot so it all bolts up tight but leaves the space.

Hope ? Pace ? Always has to be some minor difference to confound us with :LOL:

Re:

I think the un marked one into fit a judy drop out....

It looks exactly like the one I have (that was sold as pace) but fits perfectly into a judy dropout recess.....

Re: Re:

boxxer":2frnlptu said:
I think the un marked one into fit a judy drop out....

It looks exactly like the one I have (that was sold as pace) but fits perfectly into a judy dropout recess.....

Do you know if the thin spacer is the one that goes on first ? If i knew roughly all the bits i could start building it us to see.
Ive a Judy and a suspension sitting here.

PS. Is its position on the leg set in stone :? or can it be run in front or behind of the fork leg ?

Back