Overbury's Pioneer 1988 - Finished Page 8

Re:

Exactly fella, everybody loves deore stuff, it just works well but I dont see much exage components so since I have some now I figured why not.

choices .......

Nos Exage mountain , levers like the mountain LX stuff

Or

Plastic Exage mountain, bit worn but all there and that grey finish.

5HH2lSZl.jpg

Re:

If you were keeping the black chainset then I'd say the top ones, but seeing as you've switched to silver Biopace then maybe the grey levers. Try them both, see what looks best

Re:

Searching for a nice set of exage mountain derailleurs has been the hardest part but finally found some, these are the less seen ones with a black decal plate instead of the usual silver ones, the rear was one that came in on a wreck at work and luckily someone was able to supply a matching front here.

These seem to go well with the mountain LX looking shifters so I will be going with them, plus they feel .... less plasticy

u0ShM8th.jpg

Re:

Taken a while to piece the parts together but its finally complete

ala, Overburys Pioneer 1989 with the entry level groupset that was available for this frameset, Exage mountain 18 speed :)

enjoy

mGwZyxrh.jpg

zZvsxyHh.jpg

PoMWzCWh.jpg

zEFZeIsh.jpg

aPrxyMvh.jpg

98c9927h.jpg

57paoCMh.jpg

Nice to see some love for the lower end groupsets; where it all started for plenty of us

Re:

Thanks chaps, I prefer this incarnation to the deore kit that was on it before.

to me, this is what it should have been like from day dot.

:)

Re:

Really cool : I agree the Exage groupset makes the bike. Colour scheme is top notch. You’re on a roll.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3yp5x5sw said:
Thanks chaps, I prefer this incarnation to the deore kit that was on it before.

to me, this is what it should have been like from day dot.

:)

To be fair, it probably was.

Does look good.. :cool:

Back