Orange Clockwork frame differences

Huwsie

Dirt Disciple
Does anyone know if there are any fundamental differences between the Clockwork 10th Anniversary frame and the limited edition 2007 version with disc brakes... other than the disc mount obviously?

Thanks

Huw

Re:

Thanks for the info.

I assume the slight geometry and tube length changes were to accommodate the front shock. Anyone know why the seat stays changed from the original wishbone style to the more conventional style on the 2007 edition?

'Comfort' apparently. Didn't apply to the P7 for some reason.

Attachments

• cw3.JPG
    cw3.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 414
Never ridden a P7 to compare the comfort.

Makes sense they could alter the design at the top of the triangle if the brake forces are relocated further down to focus on vertical compliance without having to worry about the brakes forcing the stays apart.

Aye - but they left the P7 wishbone, even when it went to disk only in 2006 all the way up until discontinued in 2013. The wishbone was lost when it came back in 2016.

Re:

Does anyone know if this is a factory colour?

bApUE1K.jpg

Serial number is F703A042. It also has 7L 18 stamped on the underside of the BB.
Paint is battered so will need a respray so wondering if it's a genuine colour I should reuse or if there's nothing to lose by changing it

Yes it's the same colour as my 98 p7 mine had a 1 inch head tube but think they changed to 1 1/8 same year

bolly":2wcvm8vu said:
Yes it's the same colour as my 98 p7 mine had a 1 inch head tube but think they changed to 1 1/8 same year
Were they really still doing1 inch head tubes in 98?

As for colour, I have seen others in the same colour so would assume so. Nice colour too.

Latest posts

Back