Orange Clockwork frame date?

jmsjabb":1h0joy1y said:
So my bike is a late 1994 with Orange brand tube and basically what you are saying it is a C16r in all but stickers?
In my restoration then should I go Clockwork or C16r?
It was the eBay bike. I got pissed off so many were ending before time and the guy was local. He wanted an amount and I paid cash.

What seat-tube badge does yours have on it? C16R's have 'Series 7.2' tubing.

Cool!

I'd keep it badged Clockwork, as it always has been and its an interesting talking point!

This is an interesting thread! My clockwork frame is 92/93 and tange infinity but a 26.8 seatpost seems too tight to fit. I had heard of clockworks with different internal diameter seat tube, but I am not sure why this is the case. Did the dimensions of tange infinity tubes change or did orange change the seat tube for one from a different set?
Seems reasonable to expect a tange infinity tube with external diameter of 28.6 to take a 26.8 post as max wall thickness for infinity is supposed to be 0.9pm.

When you say the 94 clockwork has orange branded tubes, does this also imply they were building the frames themselves at this time?

raymondluxuryyacht":xr7etio5 said:
This is an interesting thread! My clockwork frame is 92/93 and tange infinity but a 26.8 seatpost seems too tight to fit. I had heard of clockworks with different internal diameter seat tube, but I am not sure why this is the case. Did the dimensions of tange infinity tubes change or did orange change the seat tube for one from a different set?
Seems reasonable to expect a tange infinity tube with external diameter of 28.6 to take a 26.8 post as max wall thickness for infinity is supposed to be 0.9pm.

When you say the 94 clockwork has orange branded tubes, does this also imply they were building the frames themselves at this time?

Just tried my 26.6 seat post and it's a perfect fit ? Orange did shim the posts on many of the early models, the plot thickens???

Back