ONZA REPRODUCTIONS!

Surely these are people who've never used them? ;-)

(Not at all regretting giving away loads of pedals and bits some years ago, no no...)

MikeD":3bhh2yq1 said:
Surely these are people who've never used them? ;-)

(Not at all regretting giving away loads of pedals and bits some years ago, no no...)

You might have thought ;) but would assume no since a lot of it was spares. I for one never trusted my HO pedals after the elastomers wore, I pulled straight out of the pedal and landed on my head. Was also pretty close to binning my onza ho stuff (inc a bag full of ti axles), glad i didn't...

Anyhow I'd think supercycles would be better sticking with stuff liek the grips, tyres and chill pills (which are perhaps easier) rather than going for stuff like the pedals and brakes.

John":2nhifkie said:
MikeD":2nhifkie said:
elastomer HO SPD pedals which still have a strong following.

I'm not sure I believe this ;-)

People do want them. Had a boxes and boxes of spares for these. Sold the lot on ebay a couple of years back, thought I'd get peanuts for 'em, not at all :shock:

Didn't get that much did you?

I only paid you a fiver for a dozen ti axles and a pedal body or two - all NOS...

:LOL: :LOL:

BoyBurning":oa4t6uml said:
John":oa4t6uml said:
MikeD":oa4t6uml said:
elastomer HO SPD pedals which still have a strong following.

I'm not sure I believe this ;-)

People do want them. Had a boxes and boxes of spares for these. Sold the lot on ebay a couple of years back, thought I'd get peanuts for 'em, not at all :shock:

Didn't get that much did you?

I only paid you a fiver for a dozen ti axles and a pedal body or two - all NOS...

:LOL: :LOL:

Get you David Dickinson!

lge_Deal_071107032614306_wideweb__300x300.jpg

Yeah, some did better than others. The later batches I was selling some pairs of ti axles for over £30. Regardless a fiver is better than the nothing I would have got from binning the lot (which was my original plan) :LOL: And weren't the ti axles I sold you not all left handed or somesuch ;)

John":2vodc2gx said:
And weren't the ti axles I sold you not all left handed or somesuch ;)

Yep, they were perfect for my 2 left feet...

:LOL:

Attachments

• 2 left feet.jpg
    2 left feet.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 794
update mike poyzer

not sure if it is good news for white porcs

heres what mike had to say

"Unfortunately we did not produce White Porcs so any sold these days are from the mid nineties. They were quite scarce then, so this rarity explains the high price they achieve. ($200 the last pair I saw go through). Unfortunately we have to produce 3000 tyres at a time and when we really analysed the market, once we had sold the first few pairs, the price would have dropped and we would have struggled to clear them. The practicalities of white tyres we felt, would soon diminish their popularity if they were available in quantity. Black however sells steadily and we will soon be looking at producing a second batch.
Cheers
Mike"

so i sent one back with

"Hi ya Mike thanks for that,

i think the prices on NOS white porcs have gone way up since you last checked, in u.s they go for $300-400 sometimes more,
last pair in uk went for £197 see link,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Onza-Porcupines-W ... 286.c0.m14

there is also a lot of interest on retro bike, people like to have them on their "garage queens" so to speak.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... hite+porcs

I appreciate the numbers you have to have them produced in, but worldwide over a few years, drip feeding them to the market, im sure you would get your money back, also seems a lot of interest in the skinwall variety too.

thanks for all your help, its nice to see the boss keeping his hand in and dealing with individuals like myself,lol

let me know when the porcipaws arrive

Best Regards

Charlie

will let you know if i hear anymore!

charlieboy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
3000 tyres at a time is no problem really, A big bike mail order company would buy the lot and flick them on with out to much trouble..

Jenson / merlin/ nashbar could probably clear them within a few months if the price was ok.

The one thing I wish they'd introduce is new cleats for the Onza pedals. I was lucky and got a NOS set off someone on here years back, but I'm reluctant to use them in case I wear them out and can't get hold of a new set. I bet there are loads of people out there who have pedals with shot elastomers and no cleats.

I agree with their comments re. reissuing white porcs though. They're lusted after because they are so rare and expensive nowadays – if they were a dime a dozen where's the fun in that?? That said a shrewd company would do the minimum run of 3000 then drip feed them into the industry over the years at an elevated price (let's say £30-40 a tyre?? – I bet people would pay that, especially if they did them as kevlar beed) Perhaps they could have them all numbered and signed by someone famous to keep the exclusivity (perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself :oops: )

Back