NOS Early Saracen!

I didn't want to mention the seatpost. The levers looked so Exage Trail so I wasn't going mad in thinking 88/89 either

Re:

Isn't this simply a case of Saracen chucking any old parts at an old frame to shift it? Same as any other Special Edition they did bitd.
Lovely frame either way.

Re:

Wheels are not used so no wear marks. Not sure on the forks or the rest of the bike. It it as it is and thats how I brought it. I was told it was new old stock and I have no reason to believe otherwise. The parts are as everyone else has said a bit odd, but I have also know other brands to get a half decent frame and put not so good parts on it.

Right - now I've looked at the ebay ad:

definitely NOT new old stock. As others have pointed out, theres considerable marking on the rims that shows the bike has been ridden a fair way. The inside of the chainrings show wear too. This sort of wear is from shifting under load and not just making sure the gears work in a a workshop or on a workstand.

and as above, a strange mix of high end frame with low end parts.

Interesting! ch88ky, when did you buy the bike? Not sure from your other posts of you bought it 20 years ago or recently.
I would concur with the other posters, those rim are definitely not NOS, but the tires and saddle appear to be. Curious...

Re:

I brought it recently to keep but thats not going to happen now, i have run out of shed space, as i said ive just put what i was told when i purchased it.

Re: Re:

ch88ky":36l0l5rp said:
This Bicycle Is NOS, NOT Refurbished or altered. 100% original as it left the shop/factory.

It has never been apart, I lowered the saddle today to see if it was any good for me but its just not going to get rode and I don't have space :/.

As i said it is not altered, not fake, just as I got it, as it left the shop.

This gives the distinct impression it was you that got it from the shop. And when you say it is nos, not refurbished or altered, it seems now that what you mean is that someone else told you that, not that you know it from your own experience. It is misleading tosay the least IMO.

You obviously know who you got it from but no-one here does so you are asking someone to pay for a bike on the basis it's NOS and unaltered, on the say-so Of some unnamed third party, without making that clear.

Or perhaps I have misunderstood?

Re:

Hi,

Yes I get your point.

The source I purchased the bicycle from is reliable. I have no reason to believe the bicycle is not NOS.

Having just had another look at it I still believe it is nos. The paint is still on the chain rings, the chain is as new, as is the rear cassette. The pedals are as new, so are the tyres and brake pads. None of the bolts or nuts have any wear or marks. No Cable rub.

I am a honest seller. If someone can prove that it is not new old stock go ahead and I will change the listing but as far as I am aware everything I have stated is correct.

Hope this helps.

Laura.

Back