NOS Early Saracen!

Re:

I think the easiest thing to do is to look at the pics on the listing and make your own mind up about it being NOS or not.

Re:

New old stock is an over used and misunderstood phrase.

It means brand new and completely unused. Even if a component is fitted to a bike then it's no longer 'new old stock'.
A bike that has been ridden can't really be considered 'new old stock' either.
A better definition would be 'as new' or in 'mint' or 'very good' condition.

This bike appears to have had some light use and therefore can't be considered 'new old stock' either.
It does look to be in very good condition despite the fact that there are many low end components.

I don't think that anyone is accusing anyone of being dishonest with their descriptions.

Good luck with the sale.

I agree Paul. Part of the problem is that not everyone seems to agree on what nos means, and it's been discussed to death. To me nos doesn't actually describe condition. A component that's been moved around a bike shops store room for the last 25 years but never sold is still nos but probably won't be close to being in mint condition.

And don't get me started on 'nos-ish' and 'nearly nos' :LOL:

raidan73":31lieswz said:
And don't get me started on 'nos-ish' and 'nearly nos' :LOL:

Add to that "Completely original apart from.... Tyres,seat,bars,stem,shifters,cranks,pedals, frame etc...." .... So, not really original at all then... :roll: :LOL: :facepalm:

But back to this Saracen, an eclectic mix of components, but definitely in good condition :)

Latest posts

Back