NOS Early Saracen!

I recognise that quote!

Isn't that odd. Is it just my eyes or is that fillet brazed? I know Saracen were known for slinging random parts at last years frames and calling them Special Edition, but the groupset seems just a little low rent.

Re:

Thats NOT a NOS Bike its been refurbished or some one is trying to hide its Identity,
as the main triangle is a 88/89 kili flyer check out the fillet brazing on the head tube
and the lug work around the top of the seat post.

I think their were some kili flyer frames sold as ........tracks in 89/90 as well

If I had any spare cash I'd be making you an offer... it will defo be in my watching :mrgreen:

Re:

This Bicycle Is NOS, NOT Refurbished or altered. 100% original as it left the shop/factory.

It has never been apart, I lowered the saddle today to see if it was any good for me but its just not going to get rode and I don't have space :/.

As i said it is not altered, not fake, just as I got it, as it left the shop.

Re:

Odd one this. The frame certainly look to be from 1989/90 but the decals are 1992 era.
Could well be a 'special edition'; they were often black, or it could be a refurbished bike.

Most of the parts are indeed low end. 200GS, 300LX and Exage Trail.
But on the plus side, the frame looks nice, there's an XT seatpost and those tires look very good.

Re: Re:

ch88ky":21zw0297 said:
This Bicycle Is NOS, NOT Refurbished or altered. 100% original as it left the shop/factory.

It has never been apart, I lowered the saddle today to see if it was any good for me but its just not going to get rode and I don't have space :/.

As i said it is not altered, not fake, just as I got it, as it left the shop.

If this is true and I've no reason to doubt you, then the bike was stripped for parts before it left the shop,
As I've NEVER seen a bike company fit a bike with an XT seat post and use a fillet brazed frame and then hang a group set made of cheese and plastic off if.

If you checkout this link its what your bike should look like (The blue one halfway down the page)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... 9-1990.pdf

Re:

Yes, I don't know, Its odd I have had much cheaper Saracens with better components.

Wouldn't it still have the stickers like the blue one though?

I looked through the catalogs and couldn't find a exact match, with the same decals and parts.

Back