Norco Java (w/ Syncros kit)

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up due to all the Syncros kit on it to make up for the lack of on the recent RM Altitude I snagged. Was told it is a Norco Java. Don't know much about it at all, though I think one or two have been posted here. Any sharing of details and pedigree is welcomed.

This will prob end up being a strip and flip as the frame is a tad big for me. All the parts are fairly mint with little wear. Extremely happy with the complete Syncros Revolution, std triple chainrings, COM and ti BB setup. :D Also the Syncros bar, stem and 27.0mm seatpost. Never owned/played with Magura hydro-rim brakes before. Wheels are ATAK hubs laced to Trek Matrix Single Track rims and Dart/Smoke Magnum rubber.

This is as collected, aside from lowering the saddle height and slapping on a pair of pedals. Hopefully I can wipe off the yellow from the Syncros logos. :LOL: :facepalm:

Attachments

• DSC07821.JPG
    DSC07821.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSC07817.JPG
    DSC07817.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,015
  • DSC07820.JPG
    DSC07820.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 1,014
  • DSC07822.JPG
    DSC07822.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSC07815.JPG
    DSC07815.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,015
Re:

Nice score Frank. Bet it was a bargain too?

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":37y983g9 said:
very nice. what's up with all the syncros decals being yellow?
i guess he wanted them all to match the magura hydro-rim brakes??? :LOL: they've been either sharpied/highlighter or painted on the original logos. :?

raidan73":37y983g9 said:
Nice score Frank. Bet it was a bargain too?
believe i paid a fair price for it, given i can resell the parts i'm not interested in keeping for decent amounts. could end up being a bargain depending on how my guestimate evaluation of individual components work out. only issue is that i want to keep a lot of it. :roll: :LOL:

Nice find. Never heard of the Java - I would assume it was part of the line up around the same time as the Mocha, but probably with a higher end build and maybe a higher end frame material.

Back