No, I don't have too many bicycles. Until it's time to move house

Lovely tree just the wrong way up! They are prolific growers, we keep one in a super size pot in an attempt to keep it a manageable size. Hopefully you’ve got a log burner, they make great firewood, would offset the cost/effort of dealing with it.

GOOD

LESS GOOD

SCARY

Last edited:
Does the job. It felled three 40ft sycamores and has been cutting up firewood for the last 3 years.

For gawds sake, spend some cash on some safety gear to go with it though and spend a hour or so watching some tutorial videos on YouTube.

I use one of these for everything I possibly can before the chainsaw comes out of the garage. It can cut through stuff that’s arm sized fairly quickly with very little risk. With one of the Wolf poles I’ll also use that for everything I can before any ladders or climbing are involved!
IMG_5026.jpeg

If it’s not going down to firewood you’ll be able to get it down to manageable pieces quite quickly with a decent handsaw starting with the thin end first. From my own experience standing back before each cut and working out what it’s holding up and what is going to fall or spring back at you is quite useful to maintain you eyesight and mobility!

Latest posts

Back