Bar ends yay or nay?

Meh...I never noticed it. I don't ride in that gear, ever.
Not to be a stickler but leaving it stored in that gear is even worse as it will constantly be under maximum strain.

That is what I understand from what were the no-no gears anyway as the chain will be stretched constantly.

Only saying for your benefit, you can of course do what you want with your bikes. :)

Last edited:
Not to be a stickler but leaving it stored in that gear is even worse as it will constantly be under maximum strain.

That is what I understand from what were the no-no gears anyway as the chain will be stretched constantly.

Only saying for your benefit, you can of course do what you want with your bikes. :)

If I'd have to hazard a guess, I'd say I probably was working on the bike. After adjustments, on the work stand, I normally will run through all the gears. The big/big would be the final gear. Hence, the final position. Obviously it wouldn't stay there because the final step is a ride.

I can't get the image out of my head now they look like dildos after having looked at a few 'stubbies'. Also with names like 'power studs' that does nothing to diminish that idea. :LOL:

I just read this:

The most classic mountain bike bar ends you can find have to be the ones from Onza. The brand is synonymous with bar ends from the nineties and basically started the whole bar end craze.

Although bar ends come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, the original Onza mountain bike bar ends were long with a sharp bend. This early design would be changed later on, since you’d basically never use the most forward position.

Did anyone else make use of the farther part of the larger L ones?

Back