New project Klein Attitude 1991, needs advice on parts

aalinia6

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,
I have just recently bought and started a project with a 1991 Klein attitude, its being painted in Gator linear fade as I had one 14 years ago and have regretted getting rid of it ever since.
I have found some awsome Spinergy 3 spokes, I am putting on Magura HS33 Brakes but getting the callipers painted the same as the frame.

I was planning on putting on all XTRM970 but I have been told that the crank set will not fit.

Can any of you give me the best option for this bike, ideally XTR.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Ash

http://www.philwood.com/products/bbpages/outboard.php

A threadless (press fit) OBB cup set is available for those that wish to convert older Klein frames that used the pressed-in 6003 bearing bottom bracket shells. Other frames that use a press fit system with 6003 bearings can utilize this threadless OBB as well.

This might help for fitting m970? :) good luck with your build, can't wait to see some pics

Awsome news

Thanks for that, That makes me a happy man.

I can then go with my first choice the M970 Group set.

I will definately get some pictures up once its done, looking to be complete in January, it goes for paint on Saturday.

Who's doing the paint? Spins on most things are a very personal choice and not the choice of many but looking forward to see the pics when it's done

Martin at Etoe is doing the paint.

Spins are what I used to have on my old Klein which I loved, so as you say a personal choice but hopefully everyone will like the look as much as I do once its done.

Your certainly going against the grain on this build!

The gator paint was only available in 1993 on the Attitude's, there are quite a few diferences between a 91 and 93 Attitude fuselage.

I have M970 on my modern MTB, will be interesting to see it hanging on a retro Klein.

91, shimano XT II would fit better than XTR (XTR is more 92)
A klein needs very classic parts on it, for not killing the beauty of the frame.
But it's my opinion. Magura brakes ? Why not but the problem would be for the rear brake housing : I don't know if it's possible to keep the Klein interior cable routing. And to use collar would be ugly…

Spinergy ? Beurk on a Klein and too modern…

Back