New Project '59 Experto Crede

I thought you loved us 😞
I duz!!... and back in the room , live from bargain basement bucket hotel Turkey!

44 deg centigrade...fu@& what they say officially... it's hot... if you like grass, may not be place for you -being originally Australian, I love it!

Went for a 7 mile walk to Marmaris in the middle of the night until dawn, had a doze in a deck chair with feet in the sea in the dark -found way back to flat 20 min walk from water, Turkish coffee with the Kurdish duty manager at the apartment block, learnt English from watching films -(man we have life easy). Did see a few cyclists at around 5am, but not now -nooo sir.

They'd evaporate.

Colnago...now there's one to have a chew at...Those Masters are pretty things..did I see a gold plated one -or am I dreaming it?

With logo's have to be subtle at times -lot of it is very much to do with spacing. An example... 'therapist', as opposed to 'the rapist'...which is something very, very different.

Shima -gnolo works for me, but if spacing is too close at quick glance brain instantly registers word 'Shrimp' somewhere back there because the letter spacing is similar. Eye has an angle that ain't right and goes in for the more detailed look on second scan...still, can have a good play with these 'logo-types'.

Thanx folx! Totally stoked ;)
Superb, silent smooth near perfect gear changes -all the modern lux on an old nail -and it's lovely to ride too. The set up surprised me, you guys really know yer stuff, and I'm super grateful for the help and advice. Just ordered some Conti 27 x 1 1/4 (630 32) Ride Tour's -type of riding I do nowerdays -it's not a GP4 type of bike, may find some better wheels, but these'll do for the mo. Brakes are pretty good too, surprisingly -BMX brake springs..... Ditched the Chater -Lea Tommy Sprint pedals for some old MKS cages had in a box -in for a penny.

First time in the saddle, ran it for 15miles just to check for issues -very few, little adjustment here, there, saddle tilt, stem on wonky, -think there's always is stuff with a new set up. Get some better bar tape, bottle cages, small rear rack and we're there!

GIFFY you were totally right, front mech is the Achilles heal -works fine, but not quite as smooth as it could be -not bad though for a 50's campy matchbox, took it apart, greased it up and now much smoother, but still needs nursing... Bikeworkshop, Non-Fixie, mr Motorhead + GIFFY -legends. :)

Hetchins-Shimpagnolo.jpg Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 17.59.12.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back