New order, new colors!! Redesign Rocky Mountain tilted seat clamp.

In the 94 on its smooth and rounded and has a mass produced look.

The 93 as you show has beveled edges, brushed finish and looks like it made at the back of the shop by someone seeing if it works (and hence looks better in my opinion)

Screenshot_20230807_081106.jpg

Screenshot_20230807_081419.jpg

Yes. 94 one seems casted, anf 93 CNCd. 93 should be much stronger if its 7075T6 or 6061T6.

Im doing some finite analisys now and we'll see if i go ahead, and how many. I expect around 30€ per unit + shipping. Ill do an small 10-20 units batch

Some update for interested ones. I did a redesign. I need feedback.
This redesign braces a lot better the seat tube and compresses better the area where we have the cut in steel tube for be deformed.
I did the wall thinner 3mm vs 4 mm which means lower flexion tension, and increase height that compensates this in traction.
Good: It's stronger. " bolts distributes better the tension, and in a wider area.
Bad: Is not as minimalistic. Obviously we can do something in the middle, but we want it stronger ( for life).

1691839846536.png 1691840322834.png 1691840391078.jpeg untitled.309.jpg untitled.311.jpg untitled.312.jpg
@NigelFinnighan
@Carge
@Star12
@Apparition_Cycles
@jonnymcenroe

Last edited:
I'm no engineer, it looks like it'll solve the cracking issue, however I much prefer the minimalist look of the original. I realize this is function over form. I'm just not sure how I feel about it. Amazing work, thought, and ingenuity though- you're super talented.

I agree. This is super impressive stuff, you are clearly very talented, but for me it's all about the original looks and style. This "modernised" design of yours may indeed be better and stronger then the original design, but for me; I wouldn't buy it because it looks "modern", and not how the bike originally looked. I would want the original, or an exact copy. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear, just my position. Great work though!

Star12

No. I need to hear your sincere opinion. If I'm ordering 10 or 15 units,I need to sell them, I cannot order 1 unit.
And my hearts is also telling me that it's not original.
I'm engineer and I've designed bike related stuff, but retrobike science is more complex. I'll do a intermediate example to maintain the "old" concept.

I'm inclined to agree with @Star12
I would prefer the original style - but if the modern one is the only option - that's better than nothing.

Intermediate option. Old style but 17mm thick instead of 12. I woud say it should fix more than 50% better than old one. And for sure that CNC 7075 resist perfectly double than alu casted one, only because of material. Mayve chamfering it, loos thinner ( right).
1691852360524.png 1691852571011.png

Back