oldscholar

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
hello to everyone, just registered. Got a few old bikes I'll share when I've sorted pics and reached me post requirement. I live in Pontefract West Yorks and would be interested in any local rides that might be going - nothing too epic for me old bones tho!

oldscholar":2xddo0qq said:
hello to everyone, just registered. Got a few old bikes I'll share when I've sorted pics and reached me post requirement. I live in Pontefract West Yorks and would be interested in any local rides that might be going - nothing too epic for me old bones tho!
Welcome!

Have a look in your regional area group (see index on main page) for rides. The rides cater for all fitness and skill levels & retrobike leave no man behind ;)

So before you can post pics you could tell us about your collection to up your post count...

right, thanks for the welcome. In order of age:

1957 New Hudson 3spd roadster
1993 Specialized Rockhopper with Quadra 10 fork
1996 Sunn Exact Ti (non-original components, work in progress)
1997 Marin Pine Mountain

Also a Raleigh which says "Team" on it with Altus groupset which I use as a shopping bike and a Saracen Hardtrax but thats in bits.

And finally a 2006 Claud Butler Alpina which I never got on with and caused me to go back to old stuff!

eyup!! :D I'm originally from round your way, Ackworth as it happens, so I still know a lot of the local trails although I've now moved a bit further up north to Teeside in the last year or so.
There's a fair few Retrobikers from around the Leeds area, and often rides organised that are only a short drive away, so have a look at the Yorks & NE area section.
There's a MTB club "Bad Brains MBC" that meet in Wakefield, I used to go for rides with them a few years ago (their motto is: ride bikes, eat cake, drink beer :D ) they have a website I believe.
If you want any info on local trails let me know, and get some pics of your rides up :)

thanks Jimo, I found a nice trail the other week up by the canal where the Stanley Ferry is and the woods that lead to Heath Common. I'm looking for a new camera to do the pics justice cos my current one is 10yrs old (retrocamera?)

ah, what's the name of that pub up there by stanley ferry? used to be ok. And there's the Kings Arms on Heath common which is good.
If you head out towards Darrington, Womersley, Wentbridge way there's some nice little trails, have a look around Brockadale woods, there's a nice trail following the valley from Wentbridge all the way to Kirk Smeaton where you can stop at The SHoulder Of Mutton for a drink, then ride back via the crags :)
Looks like you have a nice little collection of retro-machinery going on there :D

yes I've done those villages many times including Ackworth Stopping at the Brown Cow, Boot n Shoe etc!

The pub is called the Stanley Ferry, the other one close by was closed and boarded up when we passed about a month back

Latest posts

Back