Kona Hot - Isle of Wight

Monkeeee01

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Reactions: CTK
I’ve been in contact with the seller about buying the frame but he wants to go with a full bike sale firstly if possible.

The issue is that it’s been messed with by painting it , adding 98 decals and a V brake stop. I’d like it but would need to be priced accordingly

Yeah I agree, I mean I have no doubt it’s genuine but yeah if it was original paint job etc I’d be all over it. Would like to know the serial number too.

I thought a 96 would still be a TET built frame wouldn’t it?

I’m not an expert at all.

However if I was buying it , I would definitely be asking peoples opinions as it’s far to easy to assume it’s a HOT and it end up being a lava dome 😂

He’s just shared the serial no with me it’s: HTO104

So I think it’s a HOT but again I’m not an expert on the serial numbers like many on this site

Hi. It’s really a hot (it’s mine), I bought it from the 2nd owner, but I also know the first owner. I was working at the Bike Shed in Exeter and met the first owner at the time. It had been donored to a cannondale full suspension super v-something at the time and many of the parts were Coda as they have been swapped, they the high end stuff that was still on it being the bits that would not fit the cannondale (seat post, front mech, forks).

I’m not an expert at all.

However if I was buying it , I would definitely be asking peoples opinions as it’s far to easy to assume it’s a HOT and it end up being a lava dome 😂
does it have the flutted down tube? ive been searching for a 19 for ages, id restore it back to 1996 decals and canti mount personally

Back