New Breezer MTB's

kaiser":115i0ear said:
:cool: :D Do you happen to have any better shots of the seat stay profile? Oh and the dropout? The seat stay particularly, looks very elegant :)

Thanks for asking, Kaiser.

Is your interest in the SS, the bridge? Here's a close up of the bridge. I've seen a lot of attempts at this flared profile, but they were all CNC'd. Tubing is about three times lighter and structurally does more than whittled chunks. Another reason why tubing is the star of the show. And, thin walls = live ride.

Or see the Breeze-In dropouts and Apex disc mount on a pre-production Lightning.

And the complete steel Lightning Team. The badge is etched brass just like on my late 90s Breezers (and 1930s Schwinn Excelsiors, etc.)

If anyone wants to see more, they'll need to ask. I've had more than my 15 minutes on this post. Probably should put the brakes on this commercial break. ;-)

-Joe

Attachments

• BreezerBadge.jpg
    BreezerBadge.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 10BrzLightningQtrMd.jpg
    10BrzLightningQtrMd.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • BreezerApexDiscMount.jpg
    BreezerApexDiscMount.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 10BrzLiteSSBridge5m.jpg
    10BrzLiteSSBridge5m.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,280
Breezin":2l7ueklx said:
kaiser":2l7ueklx said:
:cool: :D Do you happen to have any better shots of the seat stay profile? Oh and the dropout? The seat stay particularly, looks very elegant :)

Thanks for asking, Kaiser.

Is your interest in the SS, the bridge? Here's a close up of the bridge. I've seen a lot of attempts at this flared profile, but they were all CNC'd. Tubing is about three times lighter and structurally does more than whittled chunks. Another reason why tubing is the star of the show. And, thin walls = live ride.

Or see the Breeze-In dropouts and Apex disc mount on a pre-production Lightning.

And the complete steel Lightning Team. The badge is etched brass just like on my late 90s Breezers (and 1930s Schwinn Excelsiors, etc.)

If anyone wants to see more, they'll need to ask. I've had more than my 15 minutes on this post. Probably should put the brakes on this commercial break. ;-)

-Joe

I like the look of it way more in these photos as you can see the details of the frame and it looks a lot less chunky in a side shot as opposed to front 3/4 view. I guess the miserable mid 40's side of me still has a little issue with suspension in terms of aesthetics.

I don´t think that the new Breezer Bikes looks like all the other Taiwan Bikes.

The curved down tube is the only way to put a "normal" fork, from that time in wich one we live in this bike. The Breezer bikes, in the 90s were also innovative, why they should be "old" and not innovative in 2010 ?

I have an old Breezer Jet Stream and this is the best bike I ever rode.

But I will order a new Lightning frameset (I hope it will be possible to order a frameset), and will make it to my new breezer, not to change the old one, this will be my favorite, but I am sure, Joe designed the frame as good as the old ones, with some Parts from 2010, which give you the comfort of 2010.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand my words.

Holger

When people get old, they fail to appreciate the present!

The reality of the market dictates what Mr. Breeze can and cannot do...... today, now, in 2010. If you look at what has happened to all the other 'original' brands from the 1980's, I'd say the new Breezers are more true to form than any other maker that went mass-market, or even mid-market.

Well done, sir.

shogun700":3ni7vp69 said:
When people get old, they fail to appreciate the present!

The reality of the market dictates what Mr. Breeze can and cannot do...... today, now, in 2010. If you look at what has happened to all the other 'original' brands from the 1980's, I'd say the new Breezers are more true to form than any other maker that went mass-market, or even mid-market.

Well done, sir.

Good point.

Breezer deserves credit for never going thru that nasty "everything gets painted flat black" stage, also.

I was wondering about the seat stay flare for tyre clearance but it appears quite uniform. I do like the contour as the stay comes to the dropout, a design feature or functional? I'm afraid a fail is in order though for those headset spacers :LOL: plus points for valve and tyre alignment and big gear selection mind.

mikesnowdon":300cx2a0 said:
Credit to Joe Breeze for postin on a public forum :cool:

Hell yeah!

I was lucky enough to meet Joe many years ago at a trade show in Birmingham. I still treasure the full size head badge in pin-badge format he gave me at the time. He was a true gentleman of the industry and his postings here are a joy to behold, to see someone taking such an interest in what they know and love that they follow it up here.

Joe, keep on doing what you're doing!

Back