New Breezer MTB's

I think the steel Lightning looks very nice indeed :D The paintwork is retroish and tubes are actually moderatly thin. Welcome back! :cool:

Major

Does anyone know who distributes/sells breezer over here in the UK, I really like the look of the Lightning and I'm finally looking for a modern bike to play on.

and on a retro front - will it take a hite-rite?

I am impressed on the detailing on the steel one, clearly much deeper thought through than just a superficial paint job on a commodity frame.

I guess that there are so many pseudo-retro products out there that we all expect them to be cynically marketed. I for one feel I was a bit prejudiced. But it ain't for me, because I don't see anything wrong with what I won at present. But that's just an anti-consumerist point of view: nice new bikes don't suddenly make my older bikes any worse to ride. :D

For me 100mm of travel feels like way too much for the places I habitually ride, and I don't like the way that it forces other design choices like the kinked downtube.

Thank you all for your remarks about the new Breezers. Very thoughtful.

Hey, I'm in England now, and since I've seen so much interest in this thread, I thought I'd invite y'all to a ride where you might be able to try out a new Breezer Lightning and/or Thunder. The ride will happen one week from today, Thursday evening, July 1, in the Birmingham area. Details to follow. This ride is hosted by two local riders. The original intent was not to have a big ride, but I doubt many of you can actually make it there anyway. I'll be there, but I'm not 100 percent certain the Breezers will be. I was told not to worry about this, but you never know. These Breezers will be traveling over water to get there.

BTW, yes, we are looking for a UK distributor.

There will be another op to try a Breezer: on Saturday, July 10 at Bike Radar Live at Brand's Hatch Raceway. I plan to be at the Future Publication stand. I do not have a ride planned there, but we'll see.

This is all fairly last minute. I was only tipped off to the BR Live event about a week ago, by Retrobiker cchris2lou.

-Joe

cchris2lou":fn6s5ba0 said:
Joe , will you be at brands hatch on the sunday too ?

I was hoping to keep it to Sunday. Can you make it Saturday?

Hey, thanks for the tip!

-Joe

Breezin":3inixjqb said:
Thank you all for your remarks about the new Breezers. Very thoughtful.

Hey, I'm in England now, and since I've seen so much interest in this thread, I thought I'd invite y'all to a ride where you might be able to try out a new Breezer Lightning and/or Thunder. The ride will happen one week from today, Thursday evening, July 1, in the Birmingham area. Details to follow. This ride is hosted by two local riders. The original intent was not to have a big ride, but I doubt many of you can actually make it there anyway. I'll be there, but I'm not 100 percent certain the Breezers will be. I was told not to worry about this, but you never know. These Breezers will be traveling over water to get there.

BTW, yes, we are looking for a UK distributor.

There will be another op to try a Breezer: on Saturday, July 10 at Bike Radar Live at Brand's Hatch Raceway. I plan to be at the Future Publication stand. I do not have a ride planned there, but we'll see.

This is all fairly last minute. I was only tipped off to the BR Live event about a week ago, by Retrobiker cchris2lou.

-Joe

Now theres an offer :cool:

WD :D

Breezin":3a4hlap1 said:
cchris2lou":3a4hlap1 said:
Joe , will you be at brands hatch on the sunday too ?

I was hoping to keep it to Sunday. Can you make it Saturday?

Hey, thanks for the tip!

-Joe

my pleasure .

cant do saturday as i am working , but will be there on the sunday .

I am considering visit Bike Radar live on the Saturday as I want to try check out some modern rear suspension systems that could be adapted to make an ultra lightweight full-suspension Cleland. I would also like to test out some tyres to see if any work well at very low pressures.

Since Joe will be there I might take along a Cleland or two. It would be great to have a photo of Joe with a Cleland as he made the first custom built mountain bike in late 1977. The first Cleland was made in early 1979, and was the earliest custom made off-road bike to be made outside of the US.

I know that some of the US pioneers have met Geoff Apps, but have any of them ridden a Cleland?

And if they did what would they make of Apps' alternative design solutions?

Even today the Cleland can be surprising. I recently took my 1983 Cleland out for a ride with a friend. He rode a modern Cotic Soul which though, faster than the Cleland, did not have enough traction to climb the steeper slopes.

Back