New Breezer MTB's

I wouldn't agree about the frame, the rims are a bit iffy with those squiggles, and those POS tyres (sorry bad experience with Schwalbe's) are just a fancy way of showing off how much you spent on poorly performing puncture-prone junk (see-issues!)

but busy compared with retro's? check out the dyna in my sig below? remember early splatter Kona's? Alpinestars? Grisley? :D

Not a fan of those daft looking stripey shimano rims, but logos and lettering on seatposts, saddles, tyres, cranks, forks, bars and stems is not just limited to modern bikes now is it?

What a lush looking bike! Take all the lovely things about retro-riding ( 90% of the time we're XC in the woods and NOT chucking ourselves off an Alp ), wrap it in light and modern XC kit and have it all done by the original gaffer who still burns with the passion. As they say in Bristle..." Job's a GOOD 'UN! "

Wow. An offer to turn up, discuss new & old bikes and maybe get a ride in... all in the company of Joe Breeze. :eek:

...Just my luck to be in a different country. :twisted:

Hope some of you RBers can make it.

Davedownhill":3lw6jta2 said:
This is exemplified by being told I was unwelcome to join a recent ride as said Dyna was not in a rideable state...

Dave, you know you can ignore people that say stuff like that, you'll always be welcome on a ride, I did say so in the thread. You should just tell folk like that to shut up once in a while.

The riding side of Macretro will always be open, some of us don't have the choice to attend any other way, you may however get the odd slagging for attending with a modern rig as do the other members.

To be honest on that friday ride your intense would have been much more appropriate for the last downhill. I'm sure enid regrets not being on a modern, it might have saved his helmet.

Anyway back on topic, I still would love to own a new lightning, any news of a distributer yet?

I don't have a 'modern' ('cept for the Kinesis Decade SS), so this is all the excuse I need to save up for one... :)

Maybe I should pick one up in Fairfax when OW rolls into town in 2011??

Mr K

Work on mid to late September 2011 - it'll be a five day old school-fixated tour including Repack, meeting the natives, stroking vintage machinery and, of course, drinking... ;)

Mr K

Having now seen the new Breezers for myself I must say that they look suburb. And as you would expect the ride is everything you would expect from a bike with this this heritage. They are a masterclass in lightweight tube engineering. I especially liked the lines and detail of the aluminium framed bike, and the Schwinn inspired paintwork is a wonderful reference back to the origins of the sport.

Lets hope that Joe finds a UK distributor.

Back