My Yellow Pinarello - Updated - new pics

Re: My Yellow Pinarello

Midlife":fnpkjz7p said:
Very smart...........always liked yellow after I came across a few bright yellow Harry Quinns in the 70's, twas an unusual colour back then :)
What make are the levers?
Shaun

The brake levers are Shimano 600, found it really hard to find dura-ace levers, although tons of massively over-priced campag levers. So just cut my ambitions a bit, and settled for the Shimano (nearly as good 600) link.

Got a full groupset of almost new Campag Record era components now though, just need another nice frame to hang them on. On the look out - and will try my best to fit the Q/R the wrong way around again ;)

Mike Muz 67":3v3t2gny said:
39 would be good , I use a 53/39 split on one bike , and a 54/39 on the latest british steel project I've nearly finished .
Mike
Big fan of British steel 60-70's frames, got 4 now - a Shorter, a Pollard both finished and now a Sun Snipe +, Carlton Corsa and Carlton Criterium to have resprayed and build up . . . oh that's five! Inspired by Spokesmann's gorgeous rebuilds. Don't think the old Carlton's are in any way ordinary 'schoolboy' bikes. My most wanted is actually a prime condition Carlton Ten Capella frame which I can build up. Showroom example (full bike) on eBay recently but got outbid at £440.

Great build, well done...shame you could not get the jammed ferrule sorted
At least you used stylish cable-clamps and not nasty cable-ties

I have most of a DA 7400 groupset for my Pinny but, I need an 8-speed Campag cassette before I can fit it

Pinny-011_zps8c13143a.jpg

It's lovely, very clean and simple. Not a big fan of the high-profile rims though. And I've been reliably informed that having the front Q/R on the left hand side is completely illegal and will make bike unrideable ;) ;)

Re: My Yellow Pinarello - Update - new pics

Have sorted out my main problem with this Pinarello, which was a jammed cable run in the top tube. Some heavy handed use of a wire-coat hanger did the trick (thanks for the suggestion somebody), so I've now been able to route the cables as nature intended. Also stuck a more 'vintage' feel saddle on it, a perforated black San Marco Regal which is very comfortable indeed . . . oh and untucked the lever hoods from the bar tape as it as a beginners faux-pas. So, I think it is pretty-much complete now, although I might re-do the bar tape with cotton tape rather than padded.

Attachments

• Pinarello Veneto 3.JPG
    Pinarello Veneto 3.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 621
  • Pinarello Veneto 2.JPG
    Pinarello Veneto 2.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 621
  • Pinarello Veneto 1.JPG
    Pinarello Veneto 1.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 621
Re:

Very nice bike - though I think you are having us on and turn the skewer to the right side for the photos only and then back over to the left when you have finished..

Re: Re:

Mapturner":1wqfgo7f said:
Very nice bike - though I think you are having us on and turn the skewer to the right side for the photos only and then back over to the left when you have finished..

I was beaten down by prejudice and the stifling conformity of contemporary heritage cycling tradition. Nobody loves a rebel!

A mighty big thumbs up from someone who's not too proud to admit that he has occasionally ridden bikes with the front q/r on the right :oops: ;)

Saddle's much nicer now too. I love these old Italian bikes that repeat the brand name on every possible piece of tubing!

Good job cycletothesea!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but i'm pretty sure this is a mid nineties Pinarello, possibly later. Personally I'd put aero brake levers on it and take off the top tube de al. Also the repro decals you can get from the eighties/early nineties are a nicer font in my opinion. Also perhaps I'd stick a flite titanium on it as this is the mid nineties. You've done a grand job on this though and the dura ace looks mint.

L

Back