My Lemond

Re:

I bought a new 853 Buenos Aries frameset in the '90s . Yellow with white panels and red decals . Bought to replace a training frame . It broke at the drive side drop out . Had a new one put in , along with a respray - the paint was so thin - , then developed a crack on both sides of the downtube at the headtube joint . Never crashed it though . Binned it . Guess I'm just not lucky with Lemonds . A friend of mine has 2 of the red-yellow-blue ones . Personally I prefer the earlier Z colours , as they used on the TVT frames . Pity he couldn't keep those colours for his own brand .

Mke

I spent 3 days in Leeds,Harrogate and York,got some great memories of the riders,bikes and crowds. The atmosphere and the way the event was managed was a pleasure to see. I am going to Paris next year to see the finish. The Lemond will be going too.

the 853 's were 'trek' his early carbon 'maillot jaune' and 'chambery' turned out to be standard oclv's [of us post
and indeed mr armstrong infamey]simply sprayed and decaled
the new Lemond range by 'time' are just too expensive,for some thing thats come out of a jelly mould! $4500 a frame set!for christ sake greg theres a flaming recession still on here !
spear that paris adventure sounds really cool,i suppose its an organised event ?

ps thanks mike muz i guess 853 is out for me permanently...always thought they were a bit too thin .im
96 kg anyway.

Only organised by myself,hotel booked the rest will sort itself out over the next few weeks. I'm thinking of replacing my bottom bracket,20 years old now the original one,been looking at Royce? Any thoughts?

i bought a s/hand hope titanium recently, the weight saving was only 120 grammes off a £30 odd sealed centaur
[see 'parkers are no longer trading] there are titanium with ceramic bearings out there cheaper than royce, thats assuming its the weight saving your after. but i have not weighd the loose old campag with the separate bits against the centaur ' i just wondered if you can get caged ceramic bearings for these old campag ones,but then again the steel balls dont weigh much at all.
i would get those deltas and chances are youll get them cheaper on this forum best wishes .kevin. current projects;glx gan team issue/koga 'roadracer'1982/halfords carrera 531/trek 2300/[ pegoet record du mond. £7]

oonaff":leh5xvit said:
ps thanks mike muz i guess 853 is out for me permanently...always thought they were a bit too thin .im
96 kg anyway.

Too thin for me as well I guess , at 78kg . Along with those lovely looking Mavic Helium wheels :cool:

Mike

Re:

hi, spear ive been looking at the tifosi bb at 215 grammes for £25 inc post on e bay looks good value.bestwishes kevin

Thanks Kevin,I've given up on the Royce,it's the Campagnolo demon saying no! It looks like I'll be scouring the web for a NOS record cartridge BB. I've just had some new lever hoods delivered from Velo Mine in America. Great service from them.

hi ,out of interest what was the cost of a royce ? noticed a campag titanium bb was 30g or so heavier than
the 'tifosi'.

Back