My Lemond

Hi spear , guess what. our excell tubes might be vanadium alloy. hows that for a startrek one
im going to see the tour twice in the first 3 stages ive decided, i guess stage 3 finish line might be a ticket
only enclosure. still we could ruff it close by the nite before. one things for sure though ,when those copters appear to mark the arrival, its gonna be' be there or be square time'
i would like to see peter sagan on the podium, hes such a character !
along with cavendish who i call 'the sprinting fox'

I can't wait,it's going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.I'm really glad I own a Lemond,I always knew it would become a collector's item when I bought it. I will never sell it despite all the new technology available today.

those guys in the tdf defy death 70 mph virtually no protection down hill on 2 inches of rubber .
i did 50mph over an estuary once the cross wind blew me side ways across the road i did a kind of long curve over 200metres and it was scary

Re:

Just upgraded my tubs,had some poor quality Vittoria and Continental ones recently,not made like they used to be.

Re:

Any chance pics . I know gan used gp4 rims but no idea of the tyres be good if
i could get the correct cork ribbon .

Re:

I'm sure Lemond rode on Vittoria tubs during his career. My Lemond has the original Mavic Cosmic wheels on it,I have bought some Schwalbe tubs,it's hard to get NOS tubs that are in good condition so I've opted for modern tubs.

More tinkering done to My Lemond,all cables replaced,cinelli 1A stem and Giro d Italia bars fitted. Still looking for hub dust covers for my Mavic aluminium cosmics if anyone can help get in touch. More pics soon.

hi spear a pair of deltas on ebay went for £160 recently.i trust you enjoyed the tour, i did.
i was at green park next to buckingham palace,and watched it coming on the big screen it wasnt too crowded.
about an hour before the arrival i walked the 300 yards to the mall.the crowds were 8 deep.light rain,only caught
glimpses but it didnt matter...we were there !

Latest posts

Back