My Lemond

Good read and a beautiful bike. I found this old thread while researching the Gan Lemond I finally was able to get my hands on. Noticed several differences like minor paint details, my lugs, my number tag, Gan decals, etc. So hard to find real info on these.

166790982.jpg

Re: update.

After sesrching for years i managed to obtain a service kit for my original Mavic cosmic wheels. The kit replaces the front wheel blue hub covers with the alloy replacements. Stops future cracking of covers. Just need to find a rear wheel one now. Hope its not as long. Tubular tyres replaced with Continental sprinter. Modern rubber which are excellent.

Congrats for finding that "needle in the haystack". Always sweet to find that one something you've been looking for so long.

Re: My first Le Mond!

Hi,

Just got my first Le Mond bike. I think its a 93 Team Gan Glx.

Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction to get some more info about the bike?

It has a full campagnolo Athena groupset and Mavic Cpx 30 rims?

Thx in advance!

Re: My first Le Mond!

swebender":1wq7o9kn said:
Hi,

Just got my first Le Mond bike. I think its a 93 Team Gan Glx.

Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction to get some more info about the bike?

It has a full campagnolo Athena groupset and Mavic Cpx 30 rims?

Thx in advance!

If you can find a copy anywhere, the Gan GLX model was reviewed in Performance Cyclist magazine back in either 1993 or 1994 where it received rave reviews. The recommendation was to ensure that you didn’t consider buying any other steel frame until you’d ridden one, and having had a 1994 model myself I have to say it was a really nice bike to ride, replacing a beautiful, but very harsh aluminium Colnago Dream that I had before it.

I’ve searched the net for a copy of the review since then, but have yet to find it. Shame, as it was a great magazine.

Re:

So my Lemond is still going strong and a delight to ride on a sunny day. It’s starting to age nicely after 26 years of ownership. I might have to look to change the wheels as spares for 1st edition Cosmics are hard to find.

Attachments

• 08BD452B-5657-480B-9840-D35EC01A107B.jpeg
    08BD452B-5657-480B-9840-D35EC01A107B.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 234
Back