Muddy Fox Courier Womens Find!

i convert my muddy mixte find into a town bike.

IMAG1736.jpg

to:

IMAG1818.jpg

IMAG1857.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way but don't expect huge interest at £100+ when you clearly state at the top of the page that you got it for £50 ;)

Sell whole or break?

What do I do, sell it or break up?
My daughter will soon grow out of it.
I need to generate money for a 29 er. The parts may sell for more than a whole bike.

Seems a shame to break it though.

If you're going to sell it on ebay or gumtree or similar, I'd strip it of thumbies, F & R mechs and fit cheap Shimano stuff. It should sell for about £40 and you'll make a fair bit selling the gear stuff separately.

Alternatively strip brakes, chainset, wheels, frame etc. and sell all the parts if you really want to max your money. They all look in great condition, and there'll be buyers on this site. It would take a bit more effort though.

Also I don't see why people would worry about paying £100 when you bought it for £50, if they consider it a fair price. Nowt wrong with a profit.

Breaking

I am going to break it up, it's tiny and limited to certain sizes.

Best thing would be as as donor for a men's courier.

The only non original thing is a brake cable, it's mint otherwise.

The bike station im at has recently been given one in pretty good condition and all original down to the oil and muck still on it.
Its a basic bike yes but still so much of an improvement on modern £400 women's bikes.

Back