MTB with Elevated Chain Stays? Please identify make 1990?

Thank you fluffy chicken I thought that might be the case, still an interesting retro bike, hopefully someone on here will identify it, its starting to fry my head as I have been trying to find out what it is since 1996 I will happily
sell it if anyone is interested? :?

Carrera katalyst, low end model, altus stuff IIRC

EE1_06_04(1).jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank you everyone, the frame, stem and handlebars definately look like its from a Carrera Katalyst however forks look different? Thanks for bringing me down to earth, I thought I had something half special Gutted :( . The frame is strong though as I have really given it some grief in the past.

Probably quite some upgrades on there
LS pedals, Kalloy Uno seatpost, .. fork might say on the drop outs or on the steerer itself if you take them off. etc...

Lost Boy":30pv88j0 said:
Thanks for bringing me down to earth, I thought I had something half special Gutted :( . The frame is strong though as I have really given it some grief in the past.

Yes, it may be a less desireable bike. Yes, it's nothing special. But that's not the point.

If you enjoy riding it, isn't that all that really matters?
Sounds like it's been a good enough bike for more than a decade and a half. Nothing about that has to change just because you now know it's not a Saracen.
Maintain it, restore it when necessary, love it, ride it.

:p Good points all many thanks, I don't use it much as my main bike is a Scott Genius, however useful bike to go to the shops on and at least it probably won't get nicked.

its a lew-ways /pacific/apollo/ frame
but
dont be bothered

it will ride quite nice

stick some DX stuff on it and enjoy

retrobikeguy":2rllmwdu said:
Carrera katalyst, low end model, altus stuff IIRC

EE1_06_04(1).jpg

Didn't read beyond this guy as I think he's got it, my mate had one of these for years as his first mtb, and as soon as I saw your greeny bikey I thought "rod's with a respray!

Back