MOTOR CHAT

Re:

Humorously I'm getting a Phev....

BMW330e - 252bhp with 87 of those ponies from a motor on the gearbox

Not sure if I want the plug in part but let's see how it goes

some nice American steel here, with acting somewhat less wooden than the remake:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6eSJs06eCc[/youtube]

Re:

Octavia's in workshop getting new cyl head gasket as original one gave up 1 week after new MOT :facepalm:

LR in for MOT and minor pein hammering following head on with Scania :roll:

Sole road legal motorised transport currently is this....

who's exhaust currently looks like this....

....but still gets us places like this....

...and this....

:D

As long as it gets you to places like that, then the hell with the rest of them vehicles ;)

(until the snow falls)
Jamie

hats off for old school repairs Mr P

especially for the glen slig pic's... was there last week, p!shed down all week, hills climbed 0, fishing 1, bike 1 not a good return the 500 mile round trip

Re:

Have done nearly 4,000 miles with exhaust like that :cool:

New one in garage waiting to go on though, along with fork seals, tyres and brake pads ;)

After trading in the wee rocket for a family diseasel estate I needed the fun factor back into driving- hence:

Still some work to do over the winter, but its not far away from where I want it..

Re:

I am looking to get a car cover to keep my project car warm/dry until the spring when the inner/outer wheel arches will be welded.

Anyone recommend one that modestly priced and does not scratch the paintwork ?

Re:

That Mini looks sweet.

Car covers, you get what you pay for. Decent ones run to the best part of £100, in that I mean with proper lining and tough fastenings.

The last time we had a car worth covering, my wife stitched one up on a sail makers machine. Looking for one right now for a Range Rover, so I will hopefully get her stuck in to that before the hail comes..

Back