MOTOR CHAT

firedfromthecircus":vfaiuzmj said:
$_57.JPG

Shit a brick, that's gorgeous, i'm really into cars but greatly admire bikes, always thought Chopper/Bobber would be my style but will need to add Cafe Racer to the lust list :) , sadly i think if i was going to go for a bike licence i would have done it before now, i will always admire them from a distance.

Meanwhile getting on great with the ratty old Poncho :)

Console arrived from America, really pleased with this, not perfect but was only $69, this worked out to £140 by the time postage and import tax was paid, still a big saving on £500 for a repo console i'll live with the imperfections..

Will still need to buy the storage box and lid/arm rest but that's no biggie. It's black but will be repainting it dark brown.

220tWOCl.jpg

Since the last pics i've been stuck in sanding and filling hell with the front bumper/nosecone, sand, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, looking not bad, stick some filler primer on and it still looks like the surface of the fugging moon :x , it's the best i can get it though and i went over it with Solar Gold rattle can (the eventual colour of the car) earlier so it's looking decent (ish)

j3mvBkEl.jpg

Here is the good used dash in place, look how clean and solid the floors are :cool: , amazing for a 44 year old car, the temp guage is just sat roughly in place for when i'm running the engine, if you look through the dash you will see the heater is all removed but i'll be eventually replacing this with a small Kit Car heater.

SvyvOaBl.jpg

In the last post i mentioned i made my own exhaust sections, this is because a new exhaust from the states is about £800, and i enjoy fabricating and making stuff, i used universal Jetex silencer box's, when i started the engine i must admit i was a bit disapointed with the noise, it was a nice rumble but that was it, i wanted it to sound like hell unleashed :twisted: , so i made these silencer delete pipes.

clXlbv9l.jpg

I fitted them last night, got the car out the garage thismorning, fired it up and it does indeed sound like hell unleashed :twisted: , probably a bit too loud but an unsilenced 6.6 V8 is nothing like an uncilenced Civic, i recon i'll be fine if i keep it from idle to 2K, of course i'll need to fit the silencers for the MOT (maybe :) )

onRWQFjl.jpg

Got the bonnet re-fitted with the help of Tommy my 82 year old neighbour, it's fibreglass but surprisingly heavy (it's steel framed and the fibreglass is really thick)

v9Gd1ZXl.jpg

Re:

Also, it's a bit early to be thinking about wheels and tyres but it's an obsession of mine, really not happy with the current Straightliner/80's Street Machine look of the big and little Cragars.

Initially long term plan was to fit Repo, 8x15 Pontiac Rally 2 wheels.

But was thinking about these 8x15 OEM GM steel wheels (as the Rally 2's were really common on Firebirds), they would be painted to match the car (Solar Gold) and would be using them with the same size tyres all round (white lettered 245/60/15) and dog dish hub caps

H5iN6tDl.jpg

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":aiisqm31 said:
Dusty box full of Commando-shame on you,here`s a proper front brake for inspiration.Just add Akront/Boranni loveliness......http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/fonta ... 1079-p.asp

Bollox to that - that's more than twice as much as I paid for the Commando as a present to meeself for me 40th, since which point its been added to very slowly including new frame,but remains largely in boxes almost 15 years later :oops:
TLS brake came in one of the boxes too.
A few other things, including more bikes, have got in the way :?

Re:

Yup its total bollocks but the Discovolante caferacer stuff is so nice.A simple late 60s 8" Triumph twin leader will do the job just as well without the cost,drama and fanfare.Better still,try and track down a pre disc Commando twin leader,they are tasty.Christ,I want a Commando cafe racer real bad....

66 triumph daytona":6q37ilcd said:
...Better still,try and track down a pre disc Commando twin leader,they are tasty.....

Ahv got one already :D

Like this.....

....although I may polish it this week as currently like this....

:LOL:

Re:

Holy :#@* that sounds good :twisted:
You must have picked up my vib I was gonna ask if there was anyway we could hear it running.

Well done that man :D

Mr Panda":6rp0fs2l said:
66 triumph daytona":6rp0fs2l said:
...Better still,try and track down a pre disc Commando twin leader,they are tasty.....

Ahv got one already :D

Like this.....

....although I may polish it this week as currently like this....

:LOL:
Pics please.I need inspiration to help with a difficult swing arm job.

Back