More red on my Rocky???

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
what do ppl think? should i swap out the stem and hs i currently have on the bike and go with a red control tech stem and CK hs? or am i putting on too much red?

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 911
Fit the headset, leave the stem until you get a red annoed one to match ;)
Infact, leave the stem all together, GET THE HEADSET ON!! :LOL:

Gc

IME ano colours and their painted counterparts don't necessarily go together. Yes more red but no to the stem :)

Not the stem, the colour is all wrong. Your red is all ano-red

Headset you could do, BUT you'd then have to get a red seat q/r, which would mean ditching the blue wheel q/r to get red matching ones.
:LOL:

but the stem is so purdy! the photos don't do it justice. it's overly exposed with the flash, giving it that funky light/pinky tone to it.

so two no's on the stem but two yes's to the hs so far.

FluffyChicken":qrdzplsy said:
Not the stem, the colour is all wrong. You're red is all ano-red

Headset you could do, BUT you'd then have to get a red seat q/r, which would mean ditching the blue wheel q/r to get red matching ones.
:LOL:

actually no more blue, i have a set of black holed ringle skewers and q/r on there now. but i was considering purchasing a set of salsa red skewers & q/r.

also the XTR M960 rear mech is gone and the original XT M737 mech is back on. the rapid-rise was messing me up when swapping bikes, since it was the only rapid-rise i got. pity as i really like the look of the M960 rear mech.

RockiMtn":1eug89tg said:
but the stem is so purdy! the photos don't do it justice. it's overly exposed with the flash, giving it that funky light/pinky tone to it.

so two no's on the stem but two yes's to the hs so far.

Yes to hs.

If you like the stem you should just go for it. Personally, I don't think it goes
with the rest of the bike, but who cares what I think.

I'd go with ano red, although they don't always match up well either. I know Kooka and Ringle made some cool ones, but they can be pricey. I know Race Face had lots of red ano parts but I don't know about the stem.

dscf0230_197.jpg

I'd stick with the Ringle... looks better and in my experience is a stronger setup, might have been unlucky but I had a controltech stem (110 iirc) sheer off at the headtube clamp back in 96 or so. Was lucky as it went at low speed and I didn't get damaged!

They're not really appropriate for vintage bikes of the 90's era, but I like the looks of these Atomlab Pimplite stems. They almost look like they're from the 50's or 60's. Funky. Pimp my ride.

26764.jpg

quickdraw":2s26xwjo said:
They're not really appropriate for vintage bikes of the 90's era, but I like the looks of these Atomlab Pimplite stems. They almost look like they're from the 50's or 60's. Funky. Pimp my ride.

opsss.. dbl post

Back