mini pump recommendation

mrcpea

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
Looking to buy a pump that will fit in a back pocket of jacket.
Seen this and liked the thought that it was only 165mm long.
Anyone got one or recommend something that works well up to around 100psi

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zefal-Air-Pro ... 4897.l5659

cheers

Rich :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lezyne Pressure Drive for me .

Screw on valve whichever you use , so no bent valve ends

Mike

My little Specialized Airtool one is 160mm long and 20mm diameter. It was the smallest one I could find and around £15. It locks closed. Warning though: it'll put the pressure in, but it takes a LOT of pumping to inflate with a mini pump.

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/specia ... wwoddysA4g

Example, but shop around because you can find it cheaper than that.

Mini pumps are great for emergency use but you can't beat a full sized frame-fit pump
but as you well know these pumps eventually mark the frame lugs, how many have actually
used a mini pump and pump the tyre up so its nice and firm and ridable, I've found out on the
clubruns that most who puncture and try pumping up using a mini pump give up after knackered
arms and couldn't get no higher than 70psi, then look around and say 'Can I use your pump mate'...lol

That Topeak Mini Morph looks good and looks like a tiny track pump, It would be good
to see that pump placed at the side of your hand or saddle for size comparison ?

I have a black plastic cheapo Aldi mini pump which works quite well and cost me just £1.99p.

Ian Raleigh":30pkuze1 said:
Mini pumps are great for emergency use but you can't beat a full sized frame-fit pump
but as you well know these pumps eventually mark the frame lugs, how many have actually
used a mini pump and pump the tyre up so its nice and firm and ridable, I've found out on the
clubruns that most who puncture and try pumping up using a mini pump give up after knackered
arms and couldn't get no higher than 70psi, then look around and say 'Can I use your pump mate'...lol

That Topeak Mini Morph looks good and looks like a tiny track pump, It would be good
to see that pump placed at the side of your hand or saddle for size comparison ?

I have a black plastic cheapo Aldi mini pump which works quite well and cost me just £1.99p.

Hi Ian ,

Are you taking the pi-- ?

You say that you can only get tyres up to a moderate pressure with a mini pump , then say you got an Aldi special :LOL: :LOL:
Hope you're coping better mate .

Mike

Mike Muz 67":lxw0x7fo said:
Ian Raleigh":lxw0x7fo said:
Hi Ian ,
Are you taking the pi-- ?
You say that you can only get tyres up to a moderate pressure with a mini pump , then say you got an Aldi special :LOL: :LOL:
Hope you're coping better mate .
Mike
Aha! Not explained myself Mike :facepalm: I have a modern Wilier road bike and can't fit a frame-fit
pump on that bike, so carry a crappy Aldi mini pump when I go out on that bike :LOL:

I'm not too bad now Mike thanks for asking, time is a great healer.

Ian.

Back