Martin Pyne's Mini Bike

I have taken my 10 speed Campag Bar end lever & have modified it so that it will work on the down tube of this bike having a 10 speed cassette although only 6 cogs are in use. Still to be tested but does work OK. Can always go back to friction if not though.

Very nice mate, you adding a red anodised gear cable end cover ?

If you don't want to crimp the end and make it look a mess, all you need to do is put a drop
of super glue inside the cover, heat the cable end slightly, then put it into the cover,
the heat will make the glue cure fast and will be stuck fast, very neat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-RED-KCNC-A ... 338f6602d9

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yes Ian I was going to add a silver cable end fitting but your idea of red sounds good so thank you. :)

Re:

Will mount these levers to see how it looks to the overall scheme of the bike as the black levers although nice don't quite look right...........

Re:

That looks totally amazing.
I used to be a member of C.C Breckland and remember Martin well.
I have in my garage a Cliff Shrub built low profile frame and forks that used to belong to Alf Engers.
It is super fast and a joy to ride,despite being pink.
I will try to post some pics if anybody is interested.

Re:

The only low pro bike that I have seen alf riding was a Raleigh low pro with a 24" front wheel. So this is a new one on me that he had a shrubb :?:

Re:

Me too.
Only going on the info from the previous owner.
Never been able to confirm it for sure.

Re:

Here you go but this looks to have the wording Peugeot on the down tube :?:

Re:

Added the levers on the bike which look more in keeping than the black. Still need to tidy up the gear cable & gears.

Back