Mark Anthony Cycles - Active Sport Buxton.

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just phoned them as they are only around 20 miles away and they list something I want as being in stock on their website. It says you can phone first to collect anything from the website, just phone first.
Although speaking to them on the phone they say their warehouse is in Cambridge? The phone was answered as "The Bike Shop", I had to ask a few times if it was Active Sport before he said yes, the first two times I think he said no! Although I was in a noisy street.

Just a bit confused, have they been bought out?
There's definitely a shop in Buxton with that name as I used to live there!
Any ideas?

Bought some parts from activesports via eBay, waited some six weeks for delivery after they supposedly posted it. Contacted seller via eBay few times and got my money back and an email that I can keep the parts if they arrive.

I suspect they never sent the package so it will never arrive. I will not buy from there ever again.

Never buy from them. They list everything as in stock, take your money and then you wait. They will only tell you that an item is out of stock after you phone to complain that the package hasn't arrived, they will even claim that it has been sent when it hasn't. I had to threaten legal action via a solicitors letter to get my money back. Avoid them, they are basically low life money stealing scum.

mark anthony

if you buy on ebay you will receive an email 2 hours after purchase saying it is sent even if its 2.00 am on bh monday.

You end up raising paypal dispute when you realise that they never had the item in stock in the first place (though they will swear blind that it's been lost in the post) They will then leave you abusive feedback.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Rick Draper":10o1ubxd said:
Walk away and buy things elsewhere ;)

Have a search of the web for some story's about what they are like....

From my experience, I would say avoid them.

They are currently advertising the Middleburn RS8 XType XC Crankset for £173.99. I am so tempted, as this is the cheapest that I can find.
I keep going back to the advert.... then saying to myself, no no no leave it - buy it for more money elsewhere!!
Pip.

Back