Marin rebuild

sash49

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

Just re-building an early palisades I think it's from about 88. Any ideas on what the corect tyres should be? Are they still available? or would a modern equivalent be much better?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Steve :) :)

Also, any one know what type of pedals it would have had? has wellgo plastics now but I can't beleive these are correct!
:roll:

What colour is the frame as I would like to date my Pallisades. Mine has blue paint and looks like it could be from the early 90 or late 80's. It's not in the catalogue. Must get a picture up.

Hi, The frame is red/orange with yellow lettering.

I'll try and get a photo on soon!

Does yours have the exage group set?

rebuild

Hi Steve, when I got my pine montain back in 94 I fitted panaracer's one of best tyres i ever tried. hope this helps, can't wait to see pics

Greg

Hi Steve,

i guess original tyres were Marin Rockstar Sierra by Cheng Shin Tire.
You could also search for some Marin Lite tyres from the 90ties.
Like Greg i fitted some Panaracer Dart/Smoke Combo to my Eldridge Grade back in the days, too. That were great tyres.
For the last 10 years or so my bike ran on some Schwalbe Marathon street tyres but now that i'm getting back into real mountainbiking again i was asking the same question and i bought me some brand new Bontrager Jones X 2.2 because i have no faith in some 15 years old and used tyres even if they would look nice. A good choice of a new All-Terrain tyre is the Schwalbe Black Jack.
So ask yourself what challenges your bike will have to master. Real hard action -> New tyres. And that's no retro shame, that's resonable in my opinion. :)
I hope this confusing write up helps a bit..

Greetz,

Adam

Well here she is before work starts!!!!!!! :) :)

Attachments

• Marin 001.JPG
    Marin 001.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 617
  • Marin 002.JPG
    Marin 002.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 617
  • Marin 004.JPG
    Marin 004.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 617
Back