Marin advice

i've never really got my head around sizes.
i'm 6 foot and my Orange is i think either 17 or 17.5" and my trek is a 17"

have my seat post pretty high but it feels comfortable and controlable.

i'm sure someone else can give you a more intelectual answer though :p

Im 5'10 and ride a 17" Eldridge Grade - link in my sig.

I would have thought a 20.5" would have been a 6'2 minimum - maybe even more than that.

Paul..

Thanks that bike looks smaller than 20.5 but I may just be hopping.
I suppose I should be looking at 17.5 - 18.5?

garygkn":3bhe25gq said:
Thanks that bike looks smaller than 20.5 but I may just be hopping.
I suppose I should be looking at 17.5 - 18.5?

i agree it does look a damn sight smaller than his 20.5" - 21" measurement.

maybe ask him to measure it again, centre of BB to top of seat tube.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the 2nd one the palisades comes further up the hierachy than the 1st one which is about 2 further down the line.

however the original post of the eldridge grade comes 2 places above the palisades and genrally looks to be a much higher spec and condition.

they are all good solid bikes though.

The Eldridge would be better as I don't want to upgrade etc and I only want one mtb due to space etc. Just the size issue really.

Reckon that could be a 19in c to c, as I have mentioned before you never seem to get many smaller older Marins

Might as well show off my Team Issue, its 15.5 c to c which equates to a 17in c to top in most other manufacturers

Next size up is 17.5in c to c which I suspect would do you or maybe even the smaller one if you like a fair bit of post out.
They have long top tubes, so reach shouldn't be a problem especially with the longer stems that were fashionable in the early 90's

Attachments

• Marin Team Issue 005.JPG
    Marin Team Issue 005.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 774
Thanks for that. Do Marins come up bigger than others? Unless I put dirt drop bars on which probably won't happen the top tube will be plenty for me.

Not sure they come up bigger, just measure c to c same as GT do

Big difference between say a 19in Marin and a 19in Stumpjumper, but only because of the measuring system although as I mentioned they do have a long top tube as well

If you are of normal build reckon the 17.5 would be fine for a six footer, I tend to go for a smaller size due to the length (or lack of ) of leg

Back