Mantis XCR Composite

Retro_Roy":2jujxqv8 said:
mkozaczek":2jujxqv8 said:
That's my old bike.

I bought it off of a sort of famous LA photographer who had it built for his GF BITD.
hi mkoz
i was told the story of past ownership. okay it is a bit girly colour-wise, but how often
do you get offered one of these frames. i decided to go for it.
Yup, I got this from Martin and had it for several weeks when I saw a complete XCR-EC on eBay that was one size bigger, so I bought it, and decided to move this one on. I then remembered that Roy was looking for one of these, and he always seems to find rare e-stays that I'd like to have that are local to Vancouver and that no-one seems to know even existed, so I figured a trade was in order if I was ever to get him to part with any of his rare beauties.

That looks awesome, Roy! I'm glad you could find a chrome fork for it. Matching the color to anything, though, will be quite a challenge. Of course, you could always strip it and repaint it, but IIRC, hot (fluouro) pink was the most popular color amongst hot rodders, custom car builders, motorcyclists, and MTBers BITD (1990, 91) when this bike first came into being, and it wasn't considered to be a "girly" color.

Now that I see it all built up, I'm feeling a bit of seller's remorse for letting it go, but I'm happy with what I got in trade. Dibs if you decide to sell? :D ;)

Re:

Nice bike :cool: love it.

I jump in the queue if you would part it ...cause I've a brother for her ;)

kuw59.jpg

Re:

Nice Roy :cool: Have you done anything else with it yet? I like the colours personally :)

Latest posts

Back