malverns classic

I only watched (showing my 5 year old daughter) the video of Malverns 1990 last wekend! Mycycles Malvern Hills Classic it was called. It was the only year I went. Went with my parents, sister and brother, I was sixteen then and raced in the novice group. Was in the vid getting some air out the infamous bomb hole-great times!, fit as a fiddle and not an ounce of fat on me!

gibbleking":1sg2sj52 said:
the malvernes was the year before the lad got stabbed there .i never went back.

Think that may have been 1994 then, the year I was there (the only one), will have pic's somewhere but god only knows where!

misteracp":6ipkla64 said:
lol I remember him, was his name Andrew? Had a yellow Chevette?

Yes, but no to the Chevette he had a 924 Turbo however his brothers who worked for him drove round in a Gold Talbot.

Great pics... Did the malverns every year 90-93/4 cant remember, it was a long time ago :LOL: .... Have some pics somewhere, will go in the loft later and look. It was a great event, lots of fun and laughs.

I'm loving that pic of Warner hunched over his GT. What a state. Legend though.

I did the Malverns a couple of times. I've still got the ATX 990 that I did the DH on and I remember the "10ft" and "10ft, we told you!" signs on the bridge jump. My friend still has one of the signs in his room!

the best event of the year bitd

.....what a great thread. The malverns was always something to look forward too, sum of my most fondest memories, the bikes, the lake leaping, jez, the racing, the whole thing, .......... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• the start line and me and kona.....jpg
    the start line and me and kona.....jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,430
  • after the race, with the family.jpg
    after the race, with the family.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,430
  • img051rb1.jpg
    img051rb1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,430
  • img053rb3.jpg
    img053rb3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,430
sum more i have found

.....bitd, at the malverns

Attachments

• img052rb2.jpg
    img052rb2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,428
  • img053rb3.jpg
    img053rb3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,428
  • img054rb4.jpg
    img054rb4.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,428
I see Yo Eddy's kitchen queen Fat being given a work out over the palettes and barrels (P3)... wonder if the new owner is going to do the same stunts a few years on... ;-)

Back