MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":8howbrqn said:
Even with that TK, 3 bairns under 5 to the west coast of america ain't gonna happen. We just managed (with in law assitance) 2 to Majorca this year!

I will get there one day, but I'd like the youngest to be at least 5. Maybe do it for the big 50.

Aye , once you have the 3 kids holidays become very expensive.
My oldest is 14 and youngest is 10 so we need 2 rooms. Cost us £3000 for 10 days in Menorca this year !! :shock: And that's not unusual. I spent hours trying to get a suitable cheaper deal but there was nothing available. Won't be going anywhere next year.

Aye I know, we weren't too far off for 7 days! I've always been tempted by a holiday home ( In Scotland). We spend about £1K a year on a cottage and that holiday was £2K. A wee butt'n'ben would be tickety boo.

In fact we were going to go for a weekend away recently, hydro kids type thing. I was thinking £200 or so, cheapest was nearly £400 and goign up to a grand furra a weekend!

Yup similar here, I'm paying for the missus to take my daughter and pals to london to see a show - thought it would be around £500 but that only really covers the transport and hotel, show tickets another £240 and apparently they need to eat too!

Cheapest holidays with kids seem to the French campsite ones. I've got a few mates have done them and say they're great. Just need to make sure and pick a campsite near some good trails!

Oh and the cheapest holidays with kids tends to be packing them off to granny's for a week and then getting in weeks worth of ready meals from M&S for me and the missus :)

:LOL: although laughing is sick :oops:

I'm in the dark as to TK's comment also if it doesn't refer to this latest event but I have been off radar for near a month :roll:

Back