MacRetro chat and rides thread

clockworkgazz":3dcax2y4 said:
I'm all for experience over objects.

In your twilight years your not going to remember one, in a long list of iron triangles you once owned.

Many years from now, when your dribbling into your unkempt beard, boring the arse off of your great grand-kids- it wont be about on-ones new fat bike, not on your nelly, you'll be regaling them with tales of daring do and high adventure, well in-between naps that is.

Mibees aye mibees naw, I reckon theres space for both, financially my £££ for 'experience' heavily outweighs my 'passes available' so keeping the money for a trip or something isn't really necessary. I've never balked (too much) at the cost of doing things, if you saw what it costs to do Ironman it often leaves many folks scratching there heads. I agree though that in the Autumnal years it'll be primarily experiences that I'll boringly recount. But even now I remember things like cars and bikes and even some of my aforementioned HiFi with something approaching affection.

clubby":3dcax2y4 said:
Whistler.

I would dearly love too, though by all accounts I'd maybe pick Squamish. Unfortunately leaving 3 kids under 5 at home whilst I bugger off to Canada for a fortnight is not going to happen. I have been tentatively been allowed the week away in France though for Mega.

Mr Panda":30ii4mrq said:
Kayak Kaiser :twisted:

I've got one...just its in Fife :LOL: really need to get that roof rack sorted.

RobMac":30ii4mrq said:
Your doing Mega Avalanche ????? :shock:

Its top of the pops on my doing something because I'm 40 list.

RobMac":3lz8bflu said:
Your doing Mega Avalanche ????? :shock:

if that annoying woman from the bike show could do it then I recon it's no that bad.

Hear you Mr K but when the bairns get older you can do more of the fun stuff with them and agree with Mr P, get your paddle out and take a trip across to arran, save on the ferry fare.

Hmmm - I had "getting out of London" on my 40th agenda. Made it with 9 months to spare :LOL:

.......and got a Norton Commando :D

Now I'm nearly as old as Rob :shock:

I'll ignore that remark :x

BTW when I was out doing my ride on saturday I spotted a Buell for sale the same generation as mines ............................. do you think 3 is to much? :shock:

Aye I cannae wait till they are a bit older do some more of the fun stuff. In a roundabout way the fat bike interest was sparked by wanting a bike to load up and head up the coast with a child seat on. A couple of years ago the cost was too prohibitive for something as frivolous, Now though with this on one reaching a price point and another bairn on the way and being genuinely taken by the whole thing, its a bit more likely, albeit still an extravagance.

First you have to ask yourself if storage or garaging is likely to be a problem :D

(that was directed at Rob BTW, not K and his kids - although in some ways the principle remains similar...........)

:LOL:

Back