MacRetro chat and rides thread

i was wondering how much skin he'd remove when he stops that thing ,look as it the bike's only attached by his grasp of the bars and the trolley
those safety flipflops look safe tho

So after years of threats, I'm selling a steady trickle of stuff and my paypal a/c is growing....but so is my itchy mouse finger. I'm determined not to buy any more retro bikes till I've finished the ones I have ( a few have moved to long term storage).

But what to do? Kinda fancy a retro roadie, PDM Concorde or a Gios Torino have always appealed. I've also been cruising LGF's HiFi thread, I've a load of not working HiFi and was thinking of putting together my old dream system, then again I only need something to listen to the music stored on the computer. I could get the stuff I have fixed. I'm also fat curious too, on ones fat bike will be out in December (allegedly) and I quite like the idea of this as well. So three quite different but all equally unneeded extravagances. Which to choose :? ?

Wait for the On-one Fat bike, I'm all agog about that one too :shock:

Read that 'Shaggy' is the new On-One bike tester and have seen pics of him riding one down some steps.

I've raced against Shaggy at Aviemore and Drumlanrigg SSUK events. Well really I've been left spinning and dying in his wake. The guys an off road single speed god :shock: :cool:

None of the above.

Another bike to fill an imaginary niche? No!

Hi Fi? Bah, you've got children and mair on the way. They'll just wreck your vinyl and shove rusks where they shouldn't - revisit this once they've all left home, that way you can also turn one of their bedrooms into a hi fi / 3D immersive sensorium (or whatever the latest bloody home entertainment tech is) den.

Get that money out of paypal pronto and into a 30 day notice account before you do anything rash.

If it were me, spend money on a Jedi (or similar) course and then a trip to the Alps. In terms of bang for your buck, an investment in your riding and not another bike makes so much more sense.

zigzag":3nvtly2r said:
None of the above.

Another bike to fill an imaginary niche? No!

Hi Fi? Bah, you've got children and mair on the way. They'll just wreck your vinyl and shove rusks where they shouldn't - revisit this once they've all left home, that way you can also turn one of their bedrooms into a hi fi / 3D immersive sensorium (or whatever the latest bloody home entertainment tech is) den.

Get that money out of paypal pronto and into a 30 day notice account before you do anything rash.

If it were me, spend money on a Jedi (or similar) course and then a trip to the Alps. In terms of bang for your buck, an investment in your riding and not another bike makes so much more sense.

:LOL: your probably right about the hifi, bairm number two already tries to turn everything on, press any button. I'll probabl;y get what I have working again.

Fat bike is still a potential purchase, I'm not too bothered by the nicheness of the whole thing, partial justification is I'd take the wains out on it.

30 day a/c :shock: er naw, this is bike disposable dough :)

You'll not believe how close you are with your last suggestion. UK bike skills course and Megavalanche are high up on the 40th b'day list, very high in fact!

I'm all for experience over objects.

In your twilight years your not going to remember one, in a long list of iron triangles you once owned.

Many years from now, when your dribbling into your unkempt beard, boring the arse off of your great grand-kids- it wont be about on-ones new fat bike, not on your nelly, you'll be regaling them with tales of daring do and high adventure, well in-between naps that is.

Back