MacRetro chat and rides thread

Thats the trail ZZ, its quite obvious on satelite/arial photos, could be entertaining to ride.
There are some waymarked bike trails in Loch Ard forest and several mentions of good trails in there on the web.
Bloody good chip shop in Aberfoyle too as I remember from my youth :LOL:

zigzag":1pkjytlr said:
Anybody watching the Skye Trail on BBC2 at the mo? Cameron McNeish is wandering down towards Sligachan :D :D

I'll be watching, can't see it on the online sky tv schedule. when/where's it on?

gmac123":1m1ky8bm said:
zigzag":1m1ky8bm said:
Anybody watching the Skye Trail on BBC2 at the mo? Cameron McNeish is wandering down towards Sligachan :D :D

I'll be watching, can't see it on the online sky tv schedule. when/where's it on?

It's on BBC iplayer or it was last night. Make sure you look in BBC2 Scotland.
I started watching it on iPlayer but gave up, Cameron McPish gies me the boak. :roll:

ocp - known what you mean, but at least he gets some some Tom Weir type viewing on tv..

zigzag, recent noticed you posted this some-time ago

zigzag":3rs1lpbx said:
Skye - Idrigill Loop:

idrigill1244x1343.jpg

We ran out of time and never did this one.

Possible start points Orbost, Glendale or anywhere in between. One route also suggests starting at Dunvegan...

Loop = 25.6 miles - alternate off-road routes in orange, not sure if they are viable or not, just saw them on the map!

if you're or any of the macretro are interested, would be up for a spring trip. the family seat is on the route (Colbost) so accomodation wouldn't be an issue. I've walked the off road part as (ramasiag to orbost) a kid, and was fishing for trout in the river at lorgil just the other week. this year would have been great for the route as they've had a drought, best summer since 76 according to the old timers, taking water to the animals etc. i was up for 12 days early Sept and it p!shed for 10 :cry:

gmac123":aapxudi8 said:
. this year would have been great for the route as they've had a drought, best summer since 76 according to the old timers, taking water to the animals etc.

I'll vouch for that !! Stunning each of the 3/4 times I've been there this year

:cool: :cool:

Hmmm, it'd be nice to go back and do the Sligachan run properly too (out and back again and none of that 'let's do a big loop through the marshy bog of desperation' nonsense. Utterly stunning run.

I would defo be up for that trip. I have a week off at the start of October so might do a run out to loch lomond and see how the trails are out there- fancy doing an overnighter but will see how cold it gets ;)

clockworkgazz":1ns34law said:
I would defo be up for that trip. I have a week off at the start of October so might do a run out to loch lomond and see how the trails are out there- fancy doing an overnighter but will see how cold it gets ;)

Sorry to burst yer bubble girls BUT is twos company ................ ;)

Back