MacRetro chat and rides thread

zigzag":2drca02q said:
Cheers gents, I think the pics probably flatter it a bit.

Kaiser, I do tend to agree with you, I'm not a fan of badging something up to look like something it's not, but the original Tora stickers were nasty as, and I just happened to notice the matching green SID set for sale at the same time. Chances are I'll get gil to make me a plain RS logo in green - I've got some other decals I need doing anyway.

Might I suggest a really old school ROCK SHOX logo. I have some I'd planned to fit to the Reba's when I get them working. If your familiar with the RS-1's thats the style I mean. Just so happens I have green ones too :) They won't be going on too soon so if you needed to copy them or do owt with them let me know.

kaiser":2bryuaxd said:
zigzag":2bryuaxd said:
Cheers gents, I think the pics probably flatter it a bit.

Kaiser, I do tend to agree with you, I'm not a fan of badging something up to look like something it's not, but the original Tora stickers were nasty as, and I just happened to notice the matching green SID set for sale at the same time. Chances are I'll get gil to make me a plain RS logo in green - I've got some other decals I need doing anyway.

Might I suggest a really old school ROCK SHOX logo. I have some I'd planned to fit to the Reba's when I get them working. If your familiar with the RS-1's thats the style I mean. Just so happens I have green ones too :) They won't be going on too soon so if you needed to copy them or do owt with them let me know.
Oh aye, like the sound of that very much. Any chance you could scan them and email me a copy?

It's not rude it's true, got a set myself and slip if you breath on them but zz knows no offense intended ( well no more than usuall) :twisted:

Its simply gazz's empirical findings, if he can't get them to work they are shite :LOL:

clockworkgazz":36wrt5bc said:
It's not rude it's true, got a set myself and slip if you breath on them but zz knows no offense intended ( well no more than usuall) :twisted:
Aye, even after your experience I thought I'd take a chance. Funnily enough they were an absolute pig to get on - I ended up using a knife slid up the inside to get them on. The bar's surface is kind of rough too which I think helps - they don't feel like they'll be moving any time soon.

My friend said the best way to fit Oury grips was to spray a little auto adhesive into them before sliding them into place. So far they have stayed put when wet.

They look comfortable.

Hi Vegas, a new face brave enough to step into the void...

Welcome to Macretro, where are you based? What are you riding?

kaiser":v6frr646 said:
Its simply gazz's empirical findings, if he can't get them to work they are shite :LOL:

looking forward to your own moterbike gripshift experiance with yours kaiser next time it pisses down, strange that ever other grip I've ever fitted has stayed put must be my " standing on one leg, hairdryer down one end, 2p in the end, knats clue on the bars, warm minstral blowing off the sea- set up proceedure that went wrong ;)

Back