MacRetro chat and rides thread

Anybody doing any thing specific on 5.5.10 at 8pm, without a focus I'll just forget :roll:

All this build up for such a ordinary thing plus of course unless you have a smart photo location and a decent camera you'll be wasting your time :LOL:

Any ideas :?:

velomaniac":3vbfkeir said:
Anybody doing any thing specific on 5.5.10 at 8pm, without a focus I'll just forget :roll:

All this build up for such a ordinary thing plus of course unless you have a smart photo location and a decent camera you'll be wasting your time :LOL:

:LOL:

velomaniac":12rzvbsu said:

you could always take a photae of yer cobblers in the pentlands @20:00hrs

might be novel

I'm going to give the Kuwahara a redux. In a bizzare twist I'm going to go from SS to gears :shock: :LOL: . I've been hankering for a rough stuff type and been pouring over local maps. I need something that can handle the road and then some off piste, dosen't need to be great at either just a trailfinder type duty. :) Seems I have to travel an hour before I find some decent trail and there must be something closer to home, even if I have to cycle the hour rather than drive.

Anyway looking at some type of stem mounted shifter, and probably a semislick tyre. Anyone any thoughts?

Kaiser,

I have either a single Suntour stem mounted Powershifter or a pair of stem mounted Suntour Powershifters. These shifters were regarded as some of the best friction shifters going and as a result I have both stem, downtube and thumb versions. A set can be yours for postage only ;)

velomaniac":lnz7vo4n said:
Kaiser,

I have either a single Suntour stem mounted Powershifter or a pair of stem mounted Suntour Powershifters. These shifters were regarded as some of the best friction shifters going and as a result I have both stem, downtube and thumb versions. A set can be yours for postage only ;)

Good man, what do you advise? size wise and with the set up? :D

Stem mounted shifter on an MTB??!! Will look good impaled in your chest if you muck up a landing.
.....Speaking from the experience of bad landing my rockhopper, where I fractured my sternum on the stem.

If ma chest hits this stem I'll be more worried about being bisected crotchily by the top tube than shifter impalement. :D

4331979997_9ab38c14e0_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back