MacRetro chat and rides thread

Was reading the del boy bike thread and thought I'd do something similar with the dale TK gave us. Gonna try to build as light a bike as possible for as little £££. I've got a few parts I've bought recently that'll work and I'm going to go single speed. Normally cheap and light should send out a warning flare but it'll be used as a light offroader commuter. Need some ideas and keep an eye out for bits. Not averse to some old school moddin too to get the weight down.

Dug oot my retro digi camera for tomorrow.

ZP61A.JPG

Mahoosive 48MB memory card. 2.1 megapixels. Will no doubt be a case of 'guess the pixelated retrobiker and bike'. Actually, hope it still works, batteries still a-charging.

kaiser":2ybym9u9 said:
Was reading the del boy bike thread and thought I'd do something similar with the dale TK gave us. Gonna try to build as light a bike as possible for as little £££. I've got a few parts I've bought recently that'll work and I'm going to go single speed. Normally cheap and light should send out a warning flare but it'll be used as a light offroader commuter. Need some ideas and keep an eye out for bits. Not averse to some old school moddin too to get the weight down.

should be a cool project chief bit like my gt s/s ,but i started spending
money on it
so your frame will be v2.1

mikee":1obov0w9 said:
kaiser":1obov0w9 said:

should be a cool project chief bit like my gt s/s ,but i started spending
money on it
so your frame will be v2.1

Is that the one you've been using all winter? I had an idea of buying everything for it and working out the price but I've got so much stuff, buying more seems daft just because I can't remember how much I paid for it :roll: wee bit of investigation might reveal some prices though.

BTW I've got your frame ready for tomorrow but haven't dug out the hangers yet, I'll post them up later :)

ah'm on a roll after Saturday, anyone fancy a 7stane on Thursday? Probably GT?

The lichty nichts are back! light at 8pm up here, fantastic.

Can't do GT during the week ....not because I'm working but because I won't be fully recovered till next weekend :)

Seems theres nothing on the agenda for a while, SSUK and 10UTB. Anyone got owt planned?

SSEC middle of April - Sat 17th.

Can't do GT this week, but I've got some time off next week (Wed 6th -> Fri 9th), so if you (or anybody else) fancies a mid-week jaunt then...

I reckon there is still space on the Bothy Run Kaiser - you could even do the single day version if you want.

Did you pm John with our new riders? Haggis and Davy-G - were there any others?

Back