MacRetro chat and rides thread

Oh, and the Hope brakes, I swapped the lever unit over, bled it, and it's been working fine since. So I've now got a couple of lever and caliper service kits to give the brakes an overhaul at some point.

Re:

This is actually much steeper than it looks :shock: :shock: :shock:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ym2F-tHdkk&feature=emb_logo[/youtube]

Re:

There is only one thing I can say to that.......... EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Danny "Deathwish" McCaskill at it again :shock:

Jamiedyer":3bj0bz7k said:
That is a great video as usual.
Today I logged into Vimeo for the first time in a very long time and first thing playing was this Macretro one from 2013!!!
Macretro Aviemore 2013.

Jamie

https://vimeo.com/73995775

Excellent video - I wasn't on that ride but it sums up MacRetro perfectly - nice easy terrain, several stops, pushing bikes uphill, and a comedy "leg stuck in bike incident" :LOL:

What's happened to Aaron? Haven't seen or heard from him for ages?

Mr Panda":1fp267na said:
Jamiedyer":1fp267na said:
....Excellent video - I wasn't on that ride but it sums up MacRetro perfectly - nice easy terrain, several stops, pushing bikes uphill...

Jamie & I did that ride a couple of years back on less appropriate bikes with skinny tyres. We were so Retro we were Rough Stuffers.

Made it much more interesting, especially as old centrepull brakes aren't as good as disks, and 35mm tyres aren't a patch on 2". :)

That scared the crap out of me just watching it. (The Danny Mac video, not the Aviemore one :) ) Some of the trials moves with that much exposure, plus the sheer length of it.

Aaron’s fine, he moved to Peebles a few years ago and is just quietly doing his own thing. Tried to meet up last year after first lockdown, but timing didn’t work out. Corona plus having a wee toddler means I’ve not seen any of you lot in a long time either. Last group ride I did was this time last year, up in Aberdeen with Rob and Jimo.

Mr Panda":2km2o6lc said:
What's happened to Aaron? Haven't seen or heard from him for ages?

He's still down that ravine i think :LOL:

That video was a blast from the past Jamie :D

clubby":1iqeikvx said:
Aaron’s fine, he moved to Peebles a few years ago and is just quietly doing his own thing. Tried to meet up last year after first lockdown, but timing didn’t work out. Corona plus having a wee toddler means I’ve not seen any of you lot in a long time either. Last group ride I did was this time last year, up in Aberdeen with Rob and Jimo.

Good to hear. I was concerned as he seems to have dumped his FB page too - which let's face it isn't exactly the end of the world :xmas-big-grin: Sometimes just a worry when folk go dark all of a sudden.

Back