MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

clubby":e8kd6tmi said:
jimo746":e8kd6tmi said:
So today was a good day to ride indoors on the trainer.

You do know what time of year the Puffer normally takes place?

Yes, but was hoping I could just set up my bike and Zwift in the pit area and do a "virtual Puffer" from the relative comfort of a Gazebo or similar.?
:LOL:

Yesterdays gale force winds and torrential rain were pretty extreme, I was up for starting the ride and see how it went, but the organiser (quite sensibly) postponed it until next Saturday.
I mostly cycle for the enjoyment of it, 125miles in yesterdays weather would not have been enjoyable!

Re:

Not sure I’d enjoy 125 miles in any weather!
Shouldn’t joke about a virtual puffer, may well come to that yet given yesterday’s announcements.

Re: Re:

clubby":dovs1hri said:
Shouldn’t joke about a virtual puffer, may well come to that yet given yesterday’s announcements.

Damn you and your foresight Clubby!! :LOL:

'Puffer has been cancelled :(

On the plus side , I have myself a nice Singlespeed bike now :D
So I'll have to get up there and ride some of the previous years course at some point soon.

Yep, all over now!
I am just rolling mine on to 2022 as saves me entering next July.
Jimo, anytime your thinking of heading up just let Brian and I know and we can have a socially distanced ride round the course :)

Jamie

Re:

Yes I just rolled my entry over to 2022 as well.

I'm thinking the weekend of 28th/29th Novembet I might venture up for the day, as I've got the friday and monday off work too, so I'm sure I'll be ok with one day away on the bike :)

Jamiedyer":z7or2k7d said:
Yep, all over now!
I am just rolling mine on to 2022 as saves me entering next July.
Jimo, anytime your thinking of heading up just let Brian and I know and we can have a socially distanced ride round the course :)

Jamie

We can hold the World Single Speed Winter 24 Hour Time Trial Gravel Championship

Re:

Anyone feel like a cycling challenge over the festive period?

Instead of the usual boring "Festive 500" and similar challenges I propose we all make an effort to do fu*k all instead, and tackle the #festivefu*kall challenge :)

Info here... https://www.pvsevents.com/

I'm already excited about doing jack sh*t :LOL:

Re:

I know theres a few Hope fans here, so looking for a bit of advice... I have an issue with a Hope Mono Mini front brake.
The brake had been sat around for a while, and needed bleeding when I first fitted it.
All worked fine, but after a few weeks I'd have to nearly pull the lever back to the handlebar to get decent braking, oddly if I pumped the lever a lot or just carried on using the brake it did seem to improve a bit.
I assumed it was air trapped in the system after I bled it, so bled it again, and did get some air out.
Now however theres not much lever travel at all before the lever stops, but the braking power is poor, the braking feels "wooden" , as if the pads are contracting the rotor but theres just not much power behind them.
I would mention the front lever, when pulled, stops, then if you pull harder it sort of makes a creaking noise/feeling, the rear lever doesn't make any noises.

I have a spare set of the same brakes, so might swap bits around this week.

Back