MacRetro chat and rides thread

Jamiedyer":cxesiy50 said:
Don't forget Jimmi, (Mark) he'll be here soon en all :)

Jamie

Mark's too busy welding and thinking he's in Two Lane Blacktop....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IZPYYDuHXg[/youtube]

;)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":24awj0k2 said:
Currently I could just go out and buy a 2 grand bike thanks to a ppi payout. But I am unemployed and that cash is for emergencies. If dosh really was no object I'd buy an On-One Hello Dave monster 29er hard tail and I could survive modern trails but that's just dreaming. Mind you I am keeping my eye out for bargains in the 29er hard tail arena ;)

You only live once Velo! Say Hello Dave ;)

velomaniac":3odkrf0p said:
Currently I could just go out and buy a 2 grand bike thanks to a ppi payout. But I am unemployed and that cash is for emergencies. If dosh really was no object I'd buy an On-One Hello Dave monster 29er hard tail and I could survive modern trails but that's just dreaming. Mind you I am keeping my eye out for bargains in the 29er hard tail arena ;)

This gets consistently good reviews and is available in 22”. Not bargain basement but good value and would need nothing done to it.

https://www.halfords.com/bikes/mountain ... 48053.html

I understand you viewing the cash as emergency fund and it would be crazy to blow the lot, but that would still leave 2/3rds of it. Just imagine how comfortable you’d be on a bike that fitted you properly. You’ve had your struggles over the years, this would give you a chance to do something positive for yourself.

Re:

You lot are evil creatures putting temptation in front of me :facepalm:

Yes the Voodoo Bizango has entered my thoughts before and I do live close to a Halfords but I have promised myself to first raise some funds by ebaying as much of my stuff as I can. Need to empty my sheds of interesting stuff.

Hopefully raise enough to at least pay for 40-50% of new bike cost.

Another steed that ticks my boxes is a Trek Roscoe 6 which is a 27.5 plus bike available in 23" XXL.

Hopefully be riding something modern by winter but if so then retro will be gone from my collection. Need to live in the now, not the past :roll:

velomaniac":1mmawhos said:
Hopefully be riding something modern by winter but if so then retro will be gone from my collection. Need to live in the now, not the past :roll:

It’s not all or nothing Velo. That’s what half the main forum don’t understand. You can enjoy both.

clubby":30b6nay8 said:
This gets consistently good reviews and is available in 22”. Not bargain basement but good value and would need nothing done to it.

https://www.halfords.com/bikes/mountain ... 48053.html

I bought a Bizango a year before I retired using the cycle2work scheme. I spent £100 on a dropper post and £30 on a smaller chainring.
Its a crackin bike for the money. I'm now riding steeper , rockier stuff that would have had me over the bars on the old school , skinny tyred bikes I used to ride. I'm still a shitebag though and shy away from a lot of stuff , it can't compensate for that :oops:
On saying that I've hardly used it in the 18 months I've had it.

Re:

Anyone from Macretro planning on doing the Strathpuffer next year?
I've just been perusing the site, entries open on 4th July, event dates TBC.
I've been meaning to do it for a few years now, maybe 2021 will be the year?
Solo appeals to me, in some sick twisted way :twisted: :LOL:

Me, Jamie

It's not really a 24 hour unless you do it solo. :)

Rigid SS if you don't want to buy your bike a whole new drivetrain and suspension service afterwards.

Entries open in August once they know which way the plague wind's blowing. (Watch their FB site)

epicyclo":3nbhn3wt said:
Entries open in August once they know which way the plague wind's blowing. (Watch their FB site)

Thanks Brian, imagine my surprise when I looked at the FB page, and the first video that popped up was yourself downing the post-event beverage on the podium :LOL:

Back