MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Aye Rob, that's what I hoped you'd have. The thing is you could easily fit a Lefty to your frame and ditch the existing shock for a modernish air one. That's what I ended up doing with mine all be it I was forced in to it when I discovered original cast/bonded swing-arm was cracked. I fitted a Jekyll swing-arm, frame already had a Fox air shock, and in the time I was waiting for swing-arm to turn up found a Lefty and wheel cheapo on ebay. I think the fitted Headshok it had, an air/oil shock, only had 70mm of travel compared to the over 100mm on rear, so the 100mm Titanium Lefty balanced it up a bit better. Nice comfy capable XC bike but able enough to ride down less extreme DH. Unlike the guy on board. :facepalm:

Do you want/trust :mrgreen: me to have a look at Headshok for you?

Re:

Had a look at my head shock today, got the top bit off with the Park Pin pliers :)
But below that is a spacer, bottom out bumper, then another two pin the cap, I've seen a YouTube video where they used right angle circlip pliers to undo it, so I just need to find mine and then I should be able to get to the top out bumper and main elastomer underneath.

Re:

Sounds like the same tool as mine took. I found it too deep to get my circlip pliers into. It also took a decent amount of force to tighten down again afterwards.

Mr-mac get joined up to the MacRetro club on Strava.
Looks like you did some of the same trails me and RobMac did at the weekend.

Re:

Joined (John Hogg) it says old men on bikes... should it not be men on old bikes or old men on old bikes hahahahaha

Back