MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Come off it Rob thon is no even close! Mixed hubs/rims/tyre manufacturer, in fact that rear rim has a braking surface!!. Seat collar is not matching. Black brake bolts don't match the domed silver ones elsewhere. And the stem is too shiny. I do really like that bike though, very much so :)

Re: Re:

epicyclo":2xb98p6u said:
clubby":2xb98p6u said:
..It's probably the feel that I think they fall down on...

That's your cables, not the brake. Try mine sometime.

If you want the hydraulic feel, use solid outer like I have here:

Or just buy hydraulics :LOL:

Re:

Question : Say you've got a pair of matching wheels and the hubs seem OK as does the rims (disc) but you want to replace just the spokes is this viable/advisable? Don't spare ma feelin's :facepalm:

Re:

My '08' M5 Stumpy which I bought from new is all original, but the spokes started snapping in the back wheel hence its temp retirement so I thought I'd best do both wheels so I could get the use of it again. You canny have too many bikes up'an runnin can you? :LOL:

Ive swopped stuff over several times rob, a change of spokes isnt a problem.

If you get the chap at wheelcraft to do it leave the wheel and say youll come back for it or he'll have you sitting there 1/2 the day unlacing then relacing.

As to mechanical's :? I see the benefit in mix and match and have also noticed a number of the dedicated commuter types using them.
Proof of the pudding would be do the cyclo guys use them :? Anyone know that ? a few do that discipline, do you not.

If its just for drops, the Hope ones ive seen go for a ton inc the calipers. Seems some buy, fit, dislike, sell at a loss, glad to be shot.
I see a pair on at the mo at 70 start. Ill check now see if theyve been bid on.
Still there but it was 75 start
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201462747396? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I watched this go today and was seriously tempted to pop £130 on it in the dying seconds. Maybe would have been nice for my F4 :? but its needed elsewhere now.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCKSHOX-AMP- ... true&rt=nc

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back