MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

kaiser":2y80akuq said:
I use waxoyl Rob. You can get pucker framesaver stuff from Ceeway.

Just emailed Ceeway and got a reply in 15 minutes (well impressed) :shock:
£12.99 per tin and £8.75 sent by courier, and as I thought RM wont deliver aerosol's.

Re: Re:

RobMac":1yaz5qme said:
kaiser":1yaz5qme said:
I use waxoyl Rob. You can get pucker framesaver stuff from Ceeway.

Just emailed Ceeway and got a reply in 15 minutes (well impressed) :shock:
£12.99 per tin and £8.75 sent by courier, and as I thought RM wont deliver aerosol's.

Listen tae whit ye've been telt and get some Waxoyl :roll: ,
I'll bet the tin of stuff from Ceeway will be kinda wee and the contents no much different from Waxoyl.
Near enuff £22.....feck right aff. :facepalm:

Re:

Robbo, though I am having trouble understanding exactly what it is you're all on about, language barrier and all that, I dug out what I've been using for about 12 years (same can still on the go!) and it's 'Supertrol', similar to Dinitrol, and was chatting to a mate from the aircraft industry in the...ahem....pub....the other weekend and he was saying it's what they've been using on aircraft parts for years.

So, personally, I would go with that. Never had a frame rot out yet. Not that I ever keep them for long enough to find out, obviously. :oops:

Re:

Sorry Kaz, will write this bit in English. :cool:

Dinitrol is or was a rust preventative for car chassis from way back like Waxoyl. No experience of Dinitrol but did Waxoyl a car way, way back in the past. As it's name says it's an oily wax that will coat the inside of car chassis and stop rust. Remember spraying it from a pressurised container similar to a plant/garden sprayer with a small diameter tube to get into chassis cavities. Waxoyl needed to be warmed up so it would flow and coat the metal better but it didn't actually "set" but remained soft.

Re:

:LOL:

Received and understood!

I always do my 'supertroling' on a hot summer's day and turn the frame frequently to coat every inner surface, until it runs out of the breather holes. Or use a hair dryer. But keep away from carpets/wooden flooring/mother's in law for obvious reasons.....

What are you trying to achieve Rob, rust proofing/prevention, or treat a frame that already has a rust issue...?

Waxoil is very similar to framesaver but framesaver is the what the cool kids use ;)
Also remember if you ever get it painted, especially powder coated tell them before hand that its filled with waxoil. That way they can prep it so that it wont come pouring out all over a fresh paint job once it goes in the oven. this usually happens overnight so by the time its discovered its ruined a paint job and has to be started from scratch again. From experience the painter will not be f**kin happy :)

Jamie

Re:

Putting 2+2 together Rob, is this for the troll? If so I'm fairly certain Surly use an ED coating on the inside of their frames. No need for extra protection. Had a very recent discussion about this with a pal who is building a Straggler at the moment. Anyway worth checking if it is the Troll and if it is coated.

Re:

Well ...................... its funny you should say that cause it is the Troll I'm on about AND when I took that pic today in good sun light I could see there is a finish on the inside of the frame so you could be right.

Back